Author Topic: Anybody ever installed a DashMat?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
Anybody ever installed a DashMat?
« on: May 09, 2002, 10:56:00 AM »
I'm looking at the UltiMat to drop in the K-10 because the dash is pretty mauled.  Just wondering how they held up in the head and cold and how well the fit and lasted.  The guy I'm buying the truck from can order me a factory dash for about $250 but the UltiMat's only $60 and it's sure not gonna be a show truck so unless they're total crap I think for me that's the way to go.

85 S-10 4x4 LWB Pickup
My Mods | TruckPics | GWNF2-02 Pics | E-mail Me

Offline 83CHEVY

• Registered Users
Re: Anybody ever installed a DashMat?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 11:17:00 AM »
I have one of those things in my truck.  I like it.  I am not sure if I have the Ulti-Mat or not.  I know I wanted the Ulti-Mat, but they may not have made one for our application.  If that is the case, then it is a regular Dash-Mat.  It has been too long so I can't remember.  Anyway, it covered the cracked dash and looks great.

Mike

P.S.  I tried to buy a new GM dash pad.  I ordered one in and it was garbage.  They ordered another and another and another.  They are all garbage.  I would rather attempt to somehow restore the one I have.  Maybe someday.

Offline Kevin108

• Frequent Member
Re: Anybody ever installed a DashMat?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2002, 01:36:00 AM »
I went to www. competitor.com and ordered their free catalog.  They carry dash mats as well as full replacement dashes.  I'm probably gonna buy the $45 cover up to begin with, they look pretty good in the book!

87 Silverado 4x4 Longbed Pickup
My Mods | Truck Pics | E-mail Me