Author Topic: help ASAP  (Read 3283 times)

Offline cpegasus

help ASAP
« on: July 14, 2002, 07:15:00 PM »
I have 2 700r4 tranys one is good one is toast the good one has a long shaft the other a short shaft I need to put the sort shaft in the other tranny how hard it this
thanks
Carol

Offline RAYMOND

tranny
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 10:52:00 PM »
It would be much easier and cost effective to rebuild the toasted transmission, and while you're at it install a Transgo shift kit. Are you sure it is toasted? I recentlly checked one out that wouldn shift at all. Repair estimates were around  $600. I replaced the stripped governor drive gear that costs a meager $ 1.75 in less than hour without removing anything but the cover. and it works just like it always did. I did make him have me install a shift kit as payment for saving his transmission.  

Offline cpegasus

Re: tranny
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 10:53:00 PM »
yes it had a bad set of planetary gears got another one at a you pull wrecking yard for 50 bucks just had the wrong shaft in it tore it all down and switched the shaft for the books fluid used trany and filter kit it cost about 125 to do the job and I have an extra case to rebuild for when the used one goes out
thank you for the reply
Carol  

Offline racedvl

driveshaft
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2002, 09:02:00 AM »
If the driveshaft is your issue, I have had one made from scratch for my 69 c-10 at a big truck and trailer type place, and it ran me under $200.