Author Topic: New Here  (Read 2975 times)

Offline zeus8807

New Here
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:42:20 PM »
Hi Everybody

Thought i would introduce myself, my names Barry, and im currently in college for construction.  Ive been working on chevys since i was a little kid and have been building camaros since i was 12 and racing them since i was 16(drag of course), now with college and all i dont realy have the time or the extra cash to pour into the muscle cars, and getting ready to go into the construction field, i desided it was time to start building myself a truck instead, of course ill be using it for a daily driver as well.  So im now the very proud owner of a 1984 Scottsdale 10 :)  no pics yet but should have them in a a week or so.  nice truck but nothing special, 2wd, 305, long bed, full guage cluster, 700r4. other than the bed and inteior she's in pretty good shape.  have alot of plans for her but for now i just want to get her looking good again.  i would realy like to learn more about the truck thou, like what it means to be a scottsdale rather than a silverado, i was also just told that they were like the ss of the silverado, ive been trying to read up on them but doesnt seem to be alot of easy to find info on scottsdales past 1980.  so any help there would be wonderful.  looking forward to learning from you guys, i know the mechanics of it all but dont know the trucks themselfs as well.

Offline FlatBlack77

• Cheap Fast Reliable - Pick 2
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 07:49:14 PM »
howdy and welcome!
"When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
'77 C/10 - 350/350 mild street motor

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 12:20:20 AM »
No sure what they mean by the SS of the Silverado, but a Scottsdale is a trim level and only pertains to the interior trim and exterior trim. 

The SS equivalent in this body style is the Street Coupe (GMC) or Chevy Sport. 

Welcome to the site!

Offline zeus8807

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
yeah im starting to see now that what i had learned from other people about the trucks wasnt always true, like i said i know the mechanics very well but nothing real specific about the trucks themselfs, other than i liked the look and feel of them.  hope to learn alot more here

Offline v_dub_ya

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 01:21:20 PM »
Welcome