Author Topic: Wiring Cleanup...'83 C10 SWB Stepper  (Read 20711 times)

Offline KoolerSL2

• Registered Users
  • Chevy / Ford: A house Divided
Re: Wiring Cleanup...'83 C10 SWB Stepper
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »
that switch in pic 8 i from my experience is called a Tip in switch.
controls the computer controlled distributors.
1985 C10 LWB: gone but never forgotten
1987 R10 LWB: 107k mile near original survivor
2020 Mustang GT: 6sec 1/8mi driver

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Automotive-Customization-Shop/HPR-105373468425153/

Offline silvrbreez

• Registered Users
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »
As far as pic number 8 goes: On my truck that is not the vacuum switch for the TCC.  The wires went to the ECM only.  My TCC vacuum switch is located directly above the brake booster.  Here's a pic of my engine bay back when both switches were present (now the left switch has been deleted).  Oh, and the wires that hook up to the TCC switch are light green and light blue.  The blue wire should lead to a brake switch that unlocks the torque converter everytime you depress the brake pedal.

Sounds like you described the blue and green wires I show in pic 1, 2, 3 and 4.  The blue wire does go to the brake switch.  It's tied in with that pink wire that goes to an ignition lead on the fuse block.  I guess those go together for that, but the green wire just lies inside the cab unplugged as shown in pic 2 and 3.  What does that connection look like under your dash for the green wire?

Offline oldwhity

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
Silvr, my truck is an 81. The lt.blue and lt.green wire coming out of the firewall going over the break booster and down to the tranny controls my backup light switch. The only thing different is that my blue wire is dark blue(maybe cuz mines a 4sp). The pink and black wire coming off of the panel go up to the gauge cluster. Mine doesn't have the connector off of the steering column.

I was looking through my Haynes manual and none of the wire schematics show a lt.blue and lt.green wire from the firewall or your panel box setup. I even looked under the 6cyl schematic just in case it was converted but got nothing. Good luck!
Rob G.
81 Chevy K20 4x4 LWB stepside
I enjoy long quiet walks..........in a junkyard!

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 01:53:07 PM »
What does that connection look like under your dash for the green wire?

My green wire doesn't make it back through the firewall like yours.  It lies unconnected near the brake booster, so I think you're OK there.
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600