Author Topic: putting power windows and locks in 86 scottsdale  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Rib Tickler

putting power windows and locks in 86 scottsdale
« on: February 08, 2009, 02:41:30 AM »
wondering what it would all entail to put power windows and locks into a 1986 scottsdale heavey half.
I`ve been looking for a project truck for a while now and came across a nice one for a reasonable price. It`s not eactly what I want though. what I`d like is a 86 silverado with a 6.2l diesel. I found an 86 k5 blazer with a diesel but it`s in tough shape, which way would you guys lean...I don`t know much about the k5`s and they are about the same price but the scottsdale is about 4 hours closer to me.....arrrggg I just don`t know...maybe I should just keep looking. :-\

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: putting power windows and locks in 86 scottsdale
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:53:45 AM »
with my truck i can only have 1 passenger but with a blazer you can carry 3 makes it more fun. I've been looking for one lately for that reason and the stance is a lot shorter than my lwb looks better lifted is some peoples eyes
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »
The title is power in an 86.  so you just need the motors and wiring and switches for them and they bolt in.  Anything 77-91 will work.  We have new setups in the store also.

Offline levisjohnson

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26:59 PM »
I found an 83 regular cab LWB with the 6.2 diesel in north florida for 1k
Levis

88 6.2L Diesel 3+3 3/4 ton