Author Topic: Intro and Factory Power Window Harness  (Read 2802 times)

Offline WVChops

• New Users
Intro and Factory Power Window Harness
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:22:09 AM »
Hi..I'm new to the forum and wanted to start off my saying hi. Hi.  A little background:  I bought my 85 SWB C-10 in 2002 for my 18th birthday.  It is the first vehicle I've ever owned (still do) and until Oct 2007 was the only one.  After 3 accidents (the final being icy brick street into 1 ton pickup's liftgate) I finally had to make the decision of fixing it or junking it.  I decided to fix it which entailed replacing all metal except the cab including the radiator support and a bent right frame horn (from before I owned it).  It is currently a recreational driver that gets to stretch its legs on pretty days.  I'll post before and after pics later on. 

Now to my question. 

In replacing the doors I decided to go ahead and replace the 20+ year old power window motors that were getting slow with new units.  A few months later they started to slow down again and stopped working off and on.  I pulled the door panels and found some of the wires going to the switch connector were frayed/broken.  What I'm wanting to do is replace the entire harness from the switch to the panel.  I've looked all over the internet and can't seem to find a replacement harness.  Is there one available or do I need to rewire completely by hand?  Any and all help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. 

Joe

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Intro and Factory Power Window Harness
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:30:11 PM »
The power window/lock harness is seperate from the main wiring harness.  It is an add on harness you should be able to get it from any salvage yard truck that has power windows.
I carry American Auto wire and can see if they offer a power window harness seperate

Offline WVChops

• New Users
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »
Thanks capt.  I thought about going the salvage yard route but thought that it would be a temporary fix with replacing one 20 year old wiring with another 20 year old wiring, even though it may be complete.  I thought about calling painless but I searched their website and didn't see anything.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »
Both Painless and America Auto Wire have full kits for our trucks.  I only can get American Auto Wire.