Author Topic: Driver window problem  (Read 2909 times)

Offline 4x4orDie

• New Users
Driver window problem
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:16:14 AM »
I'm having a problem with the drivers side window on my '86 K10. The window goes a third of the way down and buzzes like its grinding or something. I have to help it the rest of the way down and back up. Does anyone know what could be the problem.

Offline jrbarrie83

Re: Driver window problem
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »
Definitely sounds like something is binding up.  I haven't done one in the truck yet, but in my '86 Cutlass I've replaced one motor and will probably do the other soon along with both in the truck.  They are actually very easy to do and cheap.  At the very least, I would take the door panels off and watch as the window goes down.  See where it sticks and if there is something in the tracks.  It could be that the track system is loose and as the weight of the window moves, the gears get out of alignment.  Just one important note, make sure the window is down all the way before replacing the motor.  The motor is what locks the window in place, and if you remove it with the window up, it will come crashing down and can be very dangerous to your fingers, hands, or anything else in the way.

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: Driver window problem
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »
     Have you taken the panel off and watched to see where it hangs up, and if it is hitting anything, or if it is weak or needs luring ?
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom