Author Topic: 84 K2500 electric winbows questions  (Read 2569 times)

Offline jim.clark.52687506

84 K2500 electric winbows questions
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:17:54 AM »
my passenger side window will not operate from the driver side switch and both windows are very slow what should I be looking at to repair these issues?
Bone stock 84 K25 daily driver (on weekends)

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
Re: 84 K2500 electric winbows questions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »
Power runs thru the passenger side switch even when the drivers side switch is being used.
It could be either switch, easiest thing to try first is removing both switches, clean them out using electrical contact cleaner and compressed air. Also clean the contacts of the plugs on the wire harness. If that's doesn't work, further testing is necessary.

For slow operation, remove the door panels and inspect the regulator for looseness, being extremely dirty or gummed up and/or not having any lubricant. Clean as necessary and lube. If that's doesn't work, you will have to check the plastic rollers and roller tracks and the motors for being worn out.

Neither problem is hard or difficult, more time consuming than anything else.

Report back with your findings so we can assist further.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline gmachinz

Re: 84 K2500 electric winbows questions
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 03:57:22 PM »
As always though, first step is to inspect/clean/grease your window track hardware and rollers, inspect the OEM wires @ the switches for corrosion/fraying and you may have to inspect the wiring inside the door jamb bootsnas this is another common failure/break point for the wiring due to the years of moving back/forth every time you open/close the doors.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:49:25 PM by Irish_Alley »