Author Topic: Converting windows to manual  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Cody the Roady

Converting windows to manual
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:48:40 PM »
I have a 1987 R10, with power windows and door locks. The motors and wiring are bad, and I'm having a heck of a time pulling the workable parts off my parts truck. Quite honestly, I'd rather have manual locks and windows. Here's my question(s): Has anyone done this? I don't mind purchasing the manual parts, (it's cheaper than going back with power). Will the current door and set up allow me to easily convert? Any words of advise would be greatly appreciated!
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Converting windows to manual
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »
If you get all the parts it is just a matter of swapping them out.

Offline Cody the Roady

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:20:15 PM »
Well, this is too simple of an explanation...I need some kind of a schematic drawing, or at least a long "Tom Clancy" like description...

Ok, not really. Thank you, Capt! I thought that would be the case, but wanted to make sure. SO, am I going against the grain here, by going from power to manual. I've had problems with previous power window set ups, and quite honestly prefer a manual roller and locks. One less thing to go wrong.

Thank you again!
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
...SO, am I going against the grain here, by going from power to manual....

LOL!  You sound disappointed that you didn't encounter any resistance or suffer a barrage of contradiction....   :)
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 11:24:19 PM »
...SO, am I going against the grain here, by going from power to manual....

LOL!  You sound disappointed that you didn't encounter any resistance or suffer a barrage of contradiction....   :)
I'll give you some contradiction! lol I swapped from manual to power. Totally worth it.
LTZ Cheyenne C20