Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

* Search

* Top Boards

73-87ChevyTrucks.com offers select, high quality parts for sale that help fund this website and Forum.  Take a moment to drop by The Store and shop our products.  If you don't find what you're looking for, shoot us an email (webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com) - the part simply may not have been added yet.  We add new items all of the time.

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

March 27, 2024, 05:18:28 PM by Chevygold | Views: 69 | Comments: 3

76 C10 longbed 383 stroker with TH400 tranny.
Trying to get my truck running better after a bit of body TLC, been playing with the carb to get decent combustion AFR and think it's OK on the primary now although still need to put the new carpet in and the seat before I can give it a road test!
After deciding maybe it was an ignition fault so opened up the dizzy and found the contacts in the cap in a bad way, set to with some wet n dry and got them looking good, gave the centre contact a clean as well while I was there, also cleaned the rotating contact and centre spring contact on the rotor.
Put it all back and it was better but still misfired above 5K revs so wondered if it's maybe the timing which I haven't touched since I got the truck.
Anyway the dizzy doesn't have a vacuum unit fitted which I've never really give much thought to until now so how do I time it? 35degrees all in maybe? Other than Delco-Remy and Made in USA I can't find any numbers on the dizzy, also there is a 4 way connector attached 4 wires yellow (or white?), pink/white, brown/black and black, pictures attached, should this be plugged into something which I don't have?
Thanks
Graham
March 27, 2024, 12:05:46 PM by Chevygold | Views: 34 | Comments: 0

Hope the experts on here might be able to help me out with my distributor on my truck. The truck came with this fitted and I'm now trying to get the motor to run properly. Motor is a 383 stroker TH400 tranny carb a 670 street avenger, primary seems to be OK now but haven't been for a test run yet as just finished putting it all back together following a bit of a refresh of the body.
So here's where I am now she revs good up to around 5K then strats spluttering and missing, at first thout it was the carb but the mixture was fine running in the 13-14 AFR so thought I'd take a look at the distributor, with the cap off it was clear the contacts in the cap were badly in need of a clean so they were all cleaned along with the centre button in the cap, the spring contact on the rotor and the side contact, refitted the cap and it was better but still not great so started to think maybe timing as I've never touched it. I think it's a later HEI dizzy can't see any markings other than Delco-Remy and Made in USA the top of the cap is marked LATCH at both sides of the flat area on the top which I take it is to clamp the adaptor for the diagnostic gear which I have. One thing I noticed a while back is the lack of a vacuum capsule but just assumed it was taken care of electronically? the other find was a four way lead ending in a plug which is just hanging, wire colours are Yellow, (could be white?), Pink/white, Brown/black and Black, should this be plugged in somewhere? So without a vacuum unit what do I set the timing at, abot 35 all in?
Sorry for the long post but wanted to give as much info to help, truck is a 1976 C10 longbed.
Thanks all
Graham
Chevynut73
March 27, 2024, 07:34:27 AM by Chevynut73
Views: 70 | Comments: 2

The ol girl is retired and will no longer be used as a "working truck".

Wondering if I could remove the overload leaf spring only and help her not be so stiff in the rear.
We have removed the long fleetside bed which was very heavy and replaced it with a short stepside which is pretty light weight.
With all of that weight gone in the rear, she's very stiff now - would sure like to soften the ride up.
Suggestions? 
March 25, 2024, 07:59:42 PM by Rough75C20 | Views: 168 | Comments: 5

Hello All,

New to chevy trucks and just bought a rough 75 C20 as the name implies. Question I am having right now is about some ports on the engine.
Not sure what im looking at. most of the thermostat housings ive seen dont have any plugs coming off of them where this truck has two of them. Also any idea what the welded shut port was? Im looking to try to get the gauges working as only oil pressure works right now, so im hoping one of these is the water temp sensor port, but could be wrong. (Dont mind the bullet casing plugging up one of the ports on the carb LOL). Thanks in advance.

Mr. Machanic
March 25, 2024, 12:54:32 PM by Mr. Machanic
Views: 134 | Comments: 4

Since day 1 I've noticed this orange wire coming out of the firewall and just dangling on the driver inner fender. It has a factory female blade connector on the end.
I have not been able to find where that end connects to. And there is only about 18" of wire from the firewall.

Inside the cab, the wire meets up with a ground wire and both terminate at the gas pedal kick down switch.
So electrically, the orange wire provides ground to something.
I've been under the cab a few times but can not find where it goes. It's barely long enough to reach the frame, much less go back to the tranny or the carb.

BTW,it has no problem down shifting when gas is given.

Some insight would be helpful.
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

Re: None vac dizzy by VileZambonie
[Today at 12:17:06 PM]

Re: New truck in the drive by Dr_Snooz
[March 27, 2024, 08:29:29 PM]

Re: None vac dizzy by Chevygold
[March 27, 2024, 06:16:46 PM]

Re: None vac dizzy by VileZambonie
[March 27, 2024, 05:24:58 PM]

Re: Overload Leaf Spring Removal by VileZambonie