Author Topic: 1406 eddy on rpm intake?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Lit549

• Banned
1406 eddy on rpm intake?
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:28:51 PM »
Anyone tell me why ya cant use a 600 edelbrock on the rpm intake?? Actually i have this setup but its the professional products "cyclone" intake..I have had issues getting the base to seal,is this the only reason? Or will it run bad too?? Mine does have a miss at idle that i cant find,maybe this is the source??

Offline Tx Firefighter

1406 eddy on rpm intake?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:46:41 AM »
I've had a couple of those intakes come through my shop for powdercoating that had significant flaws in the gasket surfaces which will cause vacuum leaks. Never seen an issue on an Edelbrock intake, just the Chinese knockoffs.

Offline Lit549

• Banned
Re: 1406 eddy on rpm intake?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:00:43 AM »
I've had a couple of those intakes come through my shop for powdercoating that had significant flaws in the gasket surfaces which will cause vacuum leaks. Never seen an issue on an Edelbrock intake, just the Chinese knockoffs.

Ya i was worried about that,i checked it before install just not with clay or anything.It looked straight..I was in phone with Eddy tech and he pointed out real quick that ya cant use a eddy on the rpm intake..I thought well iam?! Maybe thats the issue,i know an intake can have a leak on bottom side of gasket where youll never find it..Anyone else run a eddy on chinese style rpm??
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:21:40 PM by bd »

Offline Tx Firefighter

1406 eddy on rpm intake?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
I can't see where the Edelbrock tech guy is coming from. I've run edelbrock and carter (same thing) carbs on SBC Performer RPM intakes without any issues. Heck, Edelbrock sells carb and intake combo kits. I don't get it.