Author Topic: 87 R10 DD/Project  (Read 4427 times)

Offline Beans

87 R10 DD/Project
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
I picked this up just before Christmas. So far all I have done is change the wheel bearings on the driver side and new pads to get it on the road... Known problems as of now:

Steering box
Tie rods
Pit arm
Maybe ball joints
Speedo cable
Bleed brakes
Rear park lights (brake lights work... But not park)

Beans
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:09:04 PM by Beans »
Beans

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
Re: 87 R10 DD/Project
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »
     Good start for a project, we are to here to help whenever we can.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline dvdswan

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »
sharp looking truck.

Offline Beans

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:49:42 PM »
I didn't get any pics but I figured out the tail light problem... After blowing 4-5 fuses... pulling the tail lights apart... My brother jumped under the back end... and says found it... Rats nest of wires... All from what I can tell one of the previous owners had trouble trying to get the license plate light to work... Meanwhile they left exposed and pinched wires...

Beans
Beans

Offline Beans

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:22 PM »

Beans
Beans

Offline Beans

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »
So this weekend I had. Buddy help me out a lot... I had to put a battery in it to drive it 60 miles to his house... It was cold and snowing here and he has a 3 car garage with a small lift and a couple heaters... We changed the manual steering box, planned on the pitman arm but it wasn't the right one so the old one was used, both tie rod outters, egr valve, fuel filter, planned on a tune up cap, rotor, plugs and wires... Once the cap was off noticed the distributor rusted like none I have seen before... belts and found a family of mice in the beater housing... In the passenger compartment I pulled the bench out and tore out all the vinyl matting and insulation to find a floor that is clean as can be minus a little rust in the driver side... Had to install a power supply/cig lighter...

After working on the truck for a day and a half we had to break in his new AR... I let him try out my Glock .40 and .38 special Rossi... Motorcycles, cars/trucks and guns... Gotta love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beans
Beans

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »
Wow---your seat and dash are split in the exact same places mine are.  We could switch dash covers and you would not know the difference.  Mine is the same color.

Offline Beans

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »

After I tore the vinyl mat/insulation and took the bench out and cleaned underneath it all... Seem to have put up with its past owners pretty well...

Beans
Beans

Offline Beans

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »

Wow---your seat and dash are split in the exact same places mine are.  We could switch dash covers and you would not know the difference.  Mine is the same color.

That's funny...

Beans
Beans