73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

1987 R10...aka Belushi

(1/13) > >>

NLPed:
The first few posts are a recap of what has already happened since I got the truck 2 month's ago...

Quick intro and explanation of the name... Belushi, after John who was a Blues Brother, is a blue (shocker) ‘87 R10 2wd swb Fleetside truck I found on the List of Craig on Friday. It read like a super deal and after talking with the owner, I decided to make the 3 hour drive to hopefully close the deal.

Here’s a picture of the add...

NLPed:
It was even better than the seller said. Totally rust free, great running 383 TBI with 700r4, p/w, p/l, p/s, p/b and A/C (this is a big deal in the muggy south). I drove it the 160 miles home without issue, running 75 mph down the interstate without a hiccup. Got it home and on the lift to give it a quick once over and all looks great.

NLPed:
By day 3, I had gotten the stock spindles & springs removed. Front end parts appear to all be in good shape, so I’m going to throw a set of 1” drop springs, CPP 2.5” drop spindles and new shocks. Then a flip kit in the rear and shocks, then align it.

Edit: I decided that I just couldn’t put it back together without at least replacing the upper & lower ball joints, so I got Moogs ordered up. I’ll get them replaced this weekend when I install the new suspension.

NLPed:
After a week...

I got everything together on the Suspension minus the front shocks, they haven’t arrived yet. But I like the stance, and I’m sure the front will come down a touch more once everything settles...

A before & after

NLPed:
After some guidance and eventually some help from a buddy of mine, we got started on trying to refresh the sad paint.

No pictures of the whole truck, but check out these progressive pics of the roof...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version