Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
No cruse on this guy, good old Custom Deluxe.  My Grandfather didn't believe in features.  ;)

When I looked at   truck they had only one option for upper/lower in my year.  I may email them to see what those lengths work out to be.

K

Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 04:12:40 PM »
Guess I must have looked at the wrong ones. Thanks!

AFR and Scorpion informed me that I have to use after market hardened 5/16", chromemolly, heat treated, thick walled push rods for my engine.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by VileZambonie on Today at 04:03:43 PM »
I checked out the 1995 Cprice  5.7L engine and the pushrods run just over 7.8 in length

That's not correct: MPR373

Overall Length (in): 7.195 Inch
Overall Length (mm): 183mm
Shaft Diameter (in): 5/16 Inch
Shaft Diameter (mm): 7.92mm
Top Tip Type: Ball
Bottom Tip Type: Ball
Top Tip Diameter (in): 0.312 Inch
Top Tip Diameter (mm): 8mm
Bottom Tip Diameter (in): 0.312 Inch
Bottom Tip Diameter (mm): 8mm
Wall Thickness (in): 0.060 Inch
Wall Thickness (mm): 1.524mm
Oversize (in): 0 Inch
Oversize (mm): 0mm
Material: Steel
Drilled: Yes
I believe if your truck has cruise control. I think those that have cruise control has an upper and lower cable. None cruise control I believe has one cable. I will be corrected by someone if I am wrong. I don't have cruise control and only have 1 cable.
Morning,

I have a '79 C10 350/Auto with a noise speedometer cable.  My truck has the two-piece (upper and lower) setup. 

I've removed them to measure and get a new set, but I can't find anything that matches.  The lower cable is 23", and the upper cable is 44".

On the upper cable, I can find 41". Short but close that maybe I'm not measuring it the way the factor does.  On the lower cable I can't find anything close to 23".  Also, I'm not sure if they have the right ends.  Some pictures show a male end like I have, some show female, and some show something completely different.

Why is the cable two pieces anyway?  Seems like it just complicates things.

Am I missing something obvious here?

I did remove the drive on the transmission.  The gear was in perfect shape, and the square drive looked good, too.

K

73-87 Chevy & GMC Trucks / Re: 75 K20 starter solenoid
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 08:37:33 AM »
Sorry I missed the part about pulling the starter. You have to pull the starter. I was thinking without replacing the starter. Not much to pulling the starter though! You cannot get to the screws to remove the solenoid with it installed.

You can buy a Starter Solenoid for about $20.00 if you just want to replace it. It is fast and easy to replace. Take out 2-3 screws that hold it on and disconnect the wire on the back. it will come right off.
73-87 Chevy & GMC Trucks / Re: 75 K20 starter solenoid
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 07:57:35 AM »
Yes, I did many years ago. Have not done it lately because anymore I just replace the starter. Some starters at local parts shops will give a lifetime warranty.
73-87 Chevy & GMC Trucks / 75 K20 starter solenoid
« Last post by aren are on Today at 07:45:17 AM »
Greetings,
Can the starter solenoid be replaced without pulling the starter?
Looks possible at a glance...
Thanks,
Aren
General Discussion / Re: Automobiles and accessories
« Last post by j250trxr on May 05, 2024, 09:40:17 PM »
Thank you! Kinda figured something was off with them!
General Discussion / Re: Automobiles and accessories
« Last post by Mike81K10 on May 05, 2024, 07:40:52 PM »
Don't trust them, avoid them! Besides, don't do business with anyplace in NY.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10