Author Topic: Wicked Back Pressure In Tranny!!!  (Read 1587 times)

Offline BigJohn1967

• New Users
Wicked Back Pressure In Tranny!!!
« on: January 03, 2004, 03:19:00 AM »
I just installed a TH350 with a 203 transfer case in my '78 1/2 ton 4x4 and after running it for 15 minutes or so, it blew approximately 2 1/2 quarts of tranny fluid out of the dip stick tube. I thought it was a bad tranny line, but after letting it cool and inspecting it further, I found nothing to suggest it came from anywhere except the dip stick tube. I poured in 2 1/2 quarts of fluid, checking to make sure it wasn't to full, or to low, and then it ran great for about 15 minutes again. At this point it blew back out the tube again, so I added fluid and then it started running out of the vent tube at the top of the tranny case. Can anyone out there tell me what the problem may be? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help, John

Offline oscarone

• Registered Users
Re: Wicked Back Pressure In Tranny!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »
That sounds pretty crazy.  Got to say I don't know enough about the trannies to help much.  Did you preload the torque converter?  Maybe it is working some air out of it.  Are the cooler lines reversed, or, the cooler blocked?  If you can't find an answer here email jet performance or tci.  They have helped me in the past even though I wasn't using there product.  Good luck and let us know what you find.