Author Topic: Who Makes Best Lift Kit???  (Read 1765 times)

Offline js9234

Who Makes Best Lift Kit???
« on: May 04, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
I need a Lift Kit big enough to fit 36 x 14.5 so I figured a 8 in would work. Who makes the best for these model trucks. Mine is an 81 1/2 ton. I had a post before about BDS Suspension but didn't have many replies. I need one that also comes with everything.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Who Makes Best Lift Kit???
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
A 6" suspension lift would be fine. skyJacker, rancho and many others are reputible. Get a steering arm, Adjustable Drag link, and a good dual steering stabilizer too.

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
I agree, any of the top names in suspension are good.  www.tuffcountry.com/ has a reputation for being a good soft spring rate that provided good articulation and ride.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline bflobil

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
I put a 6" Skyjacker lift on my 86 k-10 and am VERY pleased with it.  I had to get the drop swing arm to get most of my turn radius back and also had to get the brake line extensions.  I have 35" tires on it now and occasionally hear a little tire rub.  I didn't get the rear springs because I don't have too much horsepower to worry about axle wrap and in the past I had allready had the springs rearched and added a leaf.  The ride is a little more "sharp" than stock but it really "soaks" the bumps up well.  I hope this info helps you.

Drive fast and take lots of chances!