Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Being in AZ, that's never been a consideration for me...I get a choice, hot, or hotter.
I have always run from the transmission, to the external cooler, back into the radiator cooler, then back into the transmission. I have this on all of my automatic vehicles and have never had an issue in 30 years. I do think however, that it might matter in what climates you are running your vehicles. If you run in cold climates it might help to warm the fluid up a bit before you dump it back into your transmission. That is the theory anyways. I have never tested it with actual transmission temp gauges. There are aftermarket thermostatic control valves that will bypass the cooler until the fluid reaches a certain temperature. Derale and Improved Racing make them, I know.
Instrumentation / Re: Tachometer for 81 Chevy k10
« Last post by Captkaos on Today at 10:19:17 AM »
Can you tell me where I can get a good quality Tach that will fit where the clock is located? That would be awesome! How about the forum store?

They dont make a small tach for the smaller locations, just a fuel for the small side and a tach to replace the large fuel gauge.
We dont currently sell the factory replacement style gauges, we sell Dakota Digital Gauges instead: http://store.73-87chevytrucks.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=7&Category_Code=7G
Engine/Drivetrain / Towing questions
« Last post by 1980K20 on Today at 09:30:54 AM »
Hi, is been ages since i last posted.  My 1980 k20 is running great!  One oil leak at spedo sensor is it, and rebuild the window crank on the passenger.  She’s good!

I’m about to buy a car hauler for my other project, 52 international.  I figure it’s about 7500 pounds, but will be rated for 10,000 pounds.  Motor is torquey, plenty for a few towsper year.

1. I wired 30a to the 12v for electric brakes.  Is that sufficient?

2. I have a rebuilt, with heavier parts, th350 in it.  We’re geared way down since it’s k20.  Nice transmission cooler up front.  Any concerns or things i should be worried about?

Thanks!
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 23, 2024, 09:11:09 PM »
Can you tell me where I can get a good quality Tach that will fit where the clock is located? That would be awesome! How about the forum store?
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by philo_beddoe on April 23, 2024, 08:44:48 PM »
Yup, so far that’s the plan. Thanks
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Transmission cooling lines in new aluminum radiator
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 23, 2024, 06:39:43 PM »
Thanks Shifty..need to see how much real estate I have that's accessible. Pretty packed in there.

Thought about calling manufacturer again to ask if they have a volume rating.
« Last post by VileZambonie on April 23, 2024, 04:23:55 PM »
Popular retrofit is the small fuel gauge and tach in place of the fuel gauge and then you can keep oem gauges.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 23, 2024, 02:08:48 PM »
Just hope with the water pump and thermostat, it wound over heat. My brother has 2 cars that will pull the front end off the ground. A 78 trans am race car and a 74 firebird daily driver.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Transmission cooling lines in new aluminum radiator
« Last post by Shifty on April 23, 2024, 11:04:08 AM »
A lot of folks will say "run both!" plumb from one to another...I don't subscribe to that theory.  I much prefer the solo cooler, as big as you can fit.  JMHO.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10