Author Topic: Mud bog  (Read 16247 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Mud bog
« on: September 13, 2015, 08:02:33 AM »
well went to the mud bog at a church sunday got a couple videos but i want to edit them before posting them online. they only had 4 classes
A class street legal 35 and smaller tires
B class street legal 36 and bigger tires
C class modified 35 and smaller tires
D class modified 36 and bigger tires

and just like always i get to play with the big boys with my 40" tires lol. let my buddy borrow my dana 60 he ran his 44s in his blazer

D class and another "friend"  ran his 62 F 250 B class (i quote that cause he likes fords lol).

this was at a church and i like the environment there. no cash payout so it was more for fun, which made it fun.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:20:47 AM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
Re: Mud bog
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:04:45 AM »
My little helpers

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:21:47 AM by Irish_Alley »

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 08:24:51 AM »
poor boy never saw the mud coming lol

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 08:26:35 AM »

these are the types of trucks that we ran with

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 08:28:24 AM »

or should i saw cars/trucks
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:42:38 AM by Irish_Alley »

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »
Sounds like my kind of church...there's not a lot of that up here. There's a spot behind the justchevytrucks.com/lsx4u.com place but that's about it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:51:34 AM by frotosride »
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 08:57:09 AM »
fans.

everyone had fun my first run i didnt make it very far only 86' i was upset and embarrassed lol. my "friend" in the ford made it 104' with the same size tires. so i couldnt let that happen. as soon as i hit the mud i realize my mistake i kept it in 4 hi. when we're out mudding around the farm 4 hi is ok cause its sandy not really much mud. here it was thick and this being my first time i made a rookie mistake. so the next time i put her in 4 low and ran her like i never had before and made it through, learned some tricks on the way to the finish. we all loaded up on the trailer under our own power so nobody broke anything. i dont have one complaint about how anything was ran but next time i might get my truck tagged to i can run in the class with the ford cause we all ran in the same pit. and this place let us run multiple times so i got some of my pride back and not only beat the ford but made it through the pit
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:55:18 AM by Irish_Alley »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »
this was the church's first time but they had some good people (some of my redneck buddys who like to mud) come out and dig a pit and help run it

Offline fitz

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 12:03:42 PM »
I ran my M1028 in a Mud Bog competition in June.  I sank like a rock 3 times in a row.
This one had 2 classes.
Stock-Max tire size 34".
Modified-Tires 35" & over.
I might get some 34" Super Swampers (to stay in the stock class) and run it again when they have it in November.
I've spent over $100 at car washes since then, and it still has some mud left underneath.
Looks like you & your son had fun.

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
Man that looks like you guys really had a great time! Being a good redneck here in CA I would love to be at that event. Btw, I did spot your blue crew with the lift gate in pictures 3, 4 & 5 of your first post. Looks like the good trucks all made it out to play and watch the fun. Not a bad looking white D-Max duelly with the utility box either, is that one of your trucks too?
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »
yeah i was going to tow my mud truck with my crew cab. but wasnt sure if they would let a truck in the pits that wasnt running in the pit or didnt have a trailer. so we hooked the trailer up to the duelly cause it was our tool truck. but its only a 8.1. he wants a cummins or a d-max in it so bad. he only gets 8 mpgs and is at the gvwr with the truck loaded with tools he went on the DOT scale and was a couple hundred over.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »
fitz that might have been our tire sizes also but im not sure. i thought about taking the new tires off my crew cab and running them so i could also be in the street A class.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »
in Maryland we have historic tags where all you have to do is take the title to dmv and give them an insurance number and they will just give you a tag. i told the guy who checked me in that it was kind of like cheating to do that and he kind of rolled his eyes and said yeah but we're here to have fun.

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
yeah i was going to tow my mud truck with my crew cab. but wasnt sure if they would let a truck in the pits that wasnt running in the pit or didnt have a trailer. so we hooked the trailer up to the duelly cause it was our tool truck. but its only a 8.1. he wants a cummins or a d-max in it so bad. he only gets 8 mpgs and is at the gvwr with the truck loaded with tools he went on the DOT scale and was a couple hundred over.
Oh yea those 8.1's really are a great power house gas engine but for your friends uses a D-Max would be a lot better.

I drove a medium duty 4500 Kodiak Solid axle 4wd at work once with an 8.1 and auto trans, not the fastest medium duty in the world. With a bucket lift on the back I think it may have been a bit over loaded.

I also drove another 4500 Kodiak 2wd with a 6 speed manual and D-Max, that thing was even slower! 1st barely got the thing to start rolling, 2nd got me to 15 mph or so, had to get going enough to get into 3rd to actually get the truck up and moving enough to not piss off all the traffic behind me.

Honestly I have driven alot of medium duty Kodiaks and top kicks, (from 1995 up to 2010 or maybe 11 or 12 when they stopped making them), 8.1s with mauals and autos, D-Maxs with manuals and autos, 4500-7500, and the bigger straight 6 diesels in the 65 and 7500s, (I think those are International engines). Box trucks, flat beds, giant utility boxes, cranes and bucket trucks for tree triming and utility pole work. Of all the different variants of the medium duties I've driven, I have found that the combo with the best get up and go no matter what the truck was setup to do, was a D-Max with the auto Allison trans. Loaded up or empty, those do the best at getting stuff moving. The I6's with the Allison are second best but the I6 is a bit slower than the Dmax. Even tho the I6 has more torque, the Dmax will spin faster so there's a bit more rpm range with each gear.
LTZ Cheyenne C20