Author Topic: 4inch lift advice!  (Read 4338 times)

Offline ajdmello

4inch lift advice!
« on: September 26, 2015, 03:12:55 PM »
I really need some help finding a good lift! I want 4inch springs all the way around. It will be a DD so I need it to ride nice as an old truck can. May go off road a little but not much at all. And I'm trying  to avoid spending a arm and leg! Also should I use get the transfer case drop kit? And single or duel steering stabilizer?

Offline Jakethesnake73

• Registered Users
4inch lift advice!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 09:47:01 PM »
I have a 2.5 inch and my brake lines have started to rip so you will need extended brake lines. Probably get sway bar drop brackets and im not sure about the transfer case drop but id probably do it if i were you.  You shouldnt need dual steering stabilizers. For the size tires you would run on a 4in lift they would hide death wobble and loose components in the steering. If you have death wobble or sloppy steering there is a worn part or multiple somewhere. Also check for stress cracks by power steering box

Ps: i have a procomp lift that rides well. Go to roughcountrys website and fund the 4 in lift for your truck. If you scroll down you will see recommended parts for that size lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:49:25 PM by Jakethesnake73 »

Offline enaberif

Re: 4inch lift advice!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:58 PM »
I really need some help finding a good lift! I want 4inch springs all the way around. It will be a DD so I need it to ride nice as an old truck can. May go off road a little but not much at all. And I'm trying  to avoid spending a arm and leg! Also should I use get the transfer case drop kit? And single or duel steering stabilizer?

4" springs + shackle flip
shocks
extended brake lines (2wd lines work as they are longer)
sway bar extension brackets
ubolts

That is some of what you will need. There is no cheap method about it. I have tried to save by doing things cheaply and it will still work out to be the same cost as a full kit.

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »

4" springs + shackle flip
shocks
extended brake lines (2wd lines work as they are longer)
sway bar extension brackets
ubolts

That is some of what you will need. There is no cheap method about it. I have tried to save by doing things cheaply and it will still work out to be the same cost as a full kit.
Easy ride doesn't come with an easy price!! I have a LWB and I bought the transfer case drop but didn't use it.
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline ajdmello

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 03:47:21 PM »
So is a 1200 or 1500 lift really worth it? Lwb?

Why the shackle  flip? Wouldn't springs be better or no? I see the flip looks to be a cheaper way to go

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »
$1200-1500 lift is a matter of opinion and what you are honestly going to do with the truck when you are done. I paid half that but the brand name of my lift says it all. The best part of the shackle flip in the rear is rataining the softer springs,w which I don't have. And for the rear it's surely cheaper and effective.
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline enaberif

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
So is a 1200 or 1500 lift really worth it? Lwb?

Why the shackle  flip? Wouldn't springs be better or no? I see the flip looks to be a cheaper way to go

4" lift springs will never ride as nice as stock leaf springs. If you can find a good set of stock springs that aren't sagged to well combined with a shackle flip you have the best of both worlds. I plan to put 56" springs under the truck which will make the lift even better.