Author Topic: Where can I find a factory posi rearend  (Read 8867 times)

Offline Gagecampbell82

Re: Where can I find a factory posi rearend
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 10:46:41 PM »
I never thought about not reusing a old tc. Although I knew the fluid ran inside it too. And my trans does shift fairly hard, and I do have to build up some rpms to get it rolling too  But I've always wondered if it's really a 2500 or not.

And I'm not sure about how many rpms i have to build.
(Can't get my tach to work with the msd box, apparently I need a signal filter or something they make)

as far as I know my rear end is still ok,  but I do here it  winning a little at highway speed, which I assumed is because of the trans and stall. It won't be driven much this winter but I'll be buying up parts to throw on it early next spring. I Have been re doing all the rubber brake lines, ball joints, tie rods, and next will be all new bushings and bump stops then wheel bearings rotors and ect. Im gonna make it stop and ride safely before anything, because what good is a built motor in a wrecked truck. Lol.
1982 Chevy c-10 Scottsdale, 350/TH350

Offline Roymihill

• roy mihill
Re: Where can I find a factory posi rearend
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 03:35:39 AM »
The military had a Chevy 1 1/4 Chevy truck called the cucv they had a 14 bolt rearend with 4:56 gears and a Dana 60 front end they had factory lockers.
1986 k10 swb 4x4 built 305 fitech efi and 6.0 coming soon.