Author Topic: Holley Sniper EFI Anyone  (Read 11706 times)

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
Re: Holley Sniper EFI Anyone
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 07:08:38 PM »
I got some time to work on my project. I have installed the MSD ignition but not the distributor yet. I have already locked it out and the instructions on the Sniper it says to get it up and running before doing the timing controls. Next I have started on the placement of the fuel cell. Excuse the wires.

Offline BlackTomC

• Registered Users
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »
Well then... My distributor is already an HEI.. you're telling me that if I upgrade it to this fancy MSD setup, and get the timing all setup with the Holley Sniper, it could actually improve my gas mileage?
The bottom line has dropped

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 02:21:23 PM »
You dont have to up grade. There are ways to lockout an HEI. I just decided to upgrade.  Running the timing controls can help with gas mileage I just dont know how much.

Offline BlackTomC

• Registered Users
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 03:53:04 PM »
Gotcha. What added benefit would using the fuel center add compared to just adding an electric pump & running gas from/to the tank in the rear?

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 10:09:52 PM »
I have herd conflicting reports on the inline fuel pumps. I have seen better reports on the submerged pumps. It is just one of the personal choice items. Plus I didn't have to drop the tank.

Offline BlackTomC

• Registered Users

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 03:14:03 PM »
I say it in the installation instructions. I don't know much more than I read. It sounds a lot like a MSD ready to run. With Holley MSD and a few others being under the same roof wouldn't think they would be bad. I had some points and a coupon code that helped bring down the cost of my dust. by $60 which helped with my decision.

Offline swilliams

• Frequent Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 11:22:42 PM »
OK. So I finally got most everything installed. The instructions say not to start out using the timing controls so i have not got to that point. Here is the video fo the initial start.
https://youtu.be/0LZg3XMnr18
Sorry somehow i hit the stop on recording.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:27:43 PM by swilliams »