Author Topic: Mirror Swap  (Read 3415 times)

Offline MitchThor14

Mirror Swap
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:47:01 PM »
hey everybody, I have an 84 C20 and I have the stock mirrors on it but I want to put the older style tripod ones on from 73-80 on it, because I think they look better. how are they installed? I know I have to drill holes but what should I use to fasten it? thanks.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Offline 75gmck25

• Frequent Member
  • 1975 GMC K25 Camper Special, 350/TH350/NP203
Re: Mirror Swap
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 03:28:19 PM »
My '75 K25 had the tripod mirrors as stock. There were three holes drilled in the sheet metal and they were installed with nuts and bolts.   I was not doing any towing, so when I had some body work done I asked them to fill the holes and I swapped to the newer style of mirror. 

The old mirrors worked great, but got in the way more because the tripod doesn't swing back flat to the side of the body. It always sticks out, even if you rotate the mirror head back in.

Bruce

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 05:59:40 PM »
Or you could put the tripod mirror on the newer style base. Like this.

LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 08:49:28 PM »
Or even this nice stylish sporty look...

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 04:21:06 PM »
Or you could put the tripod mirror on the newer style base. Like this.

the more and more i see this the more and more i like it. recently we were trying to mount the 07 chevy mirrors but they just seam too .

but yours seam like they kind of belong and are just as functional as the tow mirrors. but have you rode with them out? do they move around?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 04:52:10 PM »
Haven't used them much extended with a trailer, only did it once and they didn't move. I've had a few trailers on since I put them on but extending them wasn't needed. One was a smaller trailer and the other was a flat bed so plenty of viewing area with out extending.
LTZ Cheyenne C20