Author Topic: Hello from Washington state.  (Read 2775 times)

Offline SinisterC10

Hello from Washington state.
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Bill and I live in Washington state. When I'm not working on vehicles I am a computer technician for a local business. I have had two Kidney/pancreas transplants and am currently recovering from the latest ones.

I decided to join the site because I recently purchased a 1981 c10 Shortbed Chevy and figured this to be the best site to join. I have been a lifetime Gold member on NastyZ28.com for over 15yrs. I have extensive knowledge of the second generation Camaros but hoping to learn some new things about the truck I have now.

The 81 Shortbed I have has a 350 sbc with a 700r4 transmission. The engine has headers, intake, carb and cam. I know it is not the original engine as the VIN number indicates it originally had a 350 diesel in it.....yuck. As far as the transmission goes, I'm not sure if this truck came with the 700r4 or not.

I figure the truck is either a Cheyenne or a Silverado. It has plush carpet, headliner, carpeted door panels and power locks, Windows and had cruise control at one time.  The major issues the truck has right now is that there is a fingernail sized rust bubble under the paint up above the passenger window but not on the cab corner and also both doors are a PITA to shut and the passenger door sticks out past the body down on the bottom corner. I tried adjusting the strikers but that didn't help. Other than that it just needs a dash pad and a new AC box (I plan on putting in vintage air). The truck was painted 6yrs ago and at that time they installed new weatherstripping on the entire truck. It has also been lowered all the way around with lowering springs and has a small C notch in the rear frame rails.

My plan this winter is to install the 383 stroker and TH400 out of my Camaro into the truck, as I have been parting out my street/strip car. I was hoping to just use the built 10 bolt out of my car in the truck but I see that it is slightly shorter and does not use the shock mounting brackets. I should still be able to use the Wilwood rear disc setup on the trucks 12bolt though. I also plan on putting an Eaton posi with Yukon ring gear and axles in as I can get them at wholesale. I also have a brand new AAW Highway 22 wiring kit that I will install.

I paid $7900 for this truck.

Here are a couple pics:

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: Hello from Washington state.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:39:30 PM »
Nice truck, welcome from near St. Louis, MO
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 08:29:17 AM »
Although I am partial to totally stock trucks, that truck looks sharp! Very nice.., and welcome from MA.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 03:52:10 PM »
welcome from maryland
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »
Howdy and welcome from Central California.  Sharp ride!
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Tazman

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 07:28:43 PM »
Nice, welcome from AZ.
Proud of and proud to be a veteran of our military.
God BLESS AMERICA

Offline SinisterC10

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 04:42:51 AM »
Thanks everyone

Offline 79 Royal Sierra

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 11:48:19 AM »
Welcome aboard and a Big Hello from Tx. Glad to hear you are doing better, I just had 2 surgeries in the last 2 weeks to install an Implant to make my bladder work, as if having Crohns Disease isnt bad enough. You have a great view of life by working on your rides. As we speak my 61 Impala hot rod is on its way to England, but I kept my 79 c15. I love to blue patina on my original truck, but that paint is killer along with the wheels. With C10s going thru the roof in value these days, you got a heck of a deal. Good luck and keep us posted bud. God Bless