Author Topic: SPID Sticker  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Chevygold

• Registered Users
SPID Sticker
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:04:42 AM »
Is there any way to find out what options my truck left the factory with from the VIN code?
My sticker is long gone, just a stain where it was on the glovebox lid.

Many Thanks
Graham

Offline zacksmith03

Re: SPID Sticker
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »
I dont think you can see any options except for which engine came with it

Offline zacksmith03

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:35:36 AM »
I attached   truck's vin decoder to my previous reply

Offline Chevygold

• Registered Users
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
Hi Sorry for not replying quicker but been busy in the garage lately. Yes I've got that I was wondering if there was an archive where I could access the options that were fitted from the factory, it had A/C but has lost a few parts along the way although I would like to get that going again.
Is the trim colour marked anywhere as I don't know what its supposed to be at the moment the windscreen surrond etc are a rather dirty light yellowy brown, could be saddle but not really sure! Dash is toast as truck came from Arizona but I plane to fibre glass that then flock it as shipping a new dash from the US is too costly.

Thanks
Graham

Offline SilverMiner

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 08:14:26 PM »
You didn't supply much info about the truck, but if it was sold in the US you can purchase an information kit from the GM Heritage Center archive http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=3 which will include every option sold and in some cases even the dealer delivery info.

Extremely useful and a good value at only $50. More than enough info to recreate the SPID.

Offline BKING33

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 11:12:24 AM »
I work at a GM dealer. I can get vehicle options for anything GM 1990 and newer. So for those of you with a '90 or '91 Square any GM dealer has access to your options.
All u need is to provide VIN.

Offline Chevygold

• Registered Users
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »
Thanks for the info, I retired a few weeks ago and have never been so busy!!
Truck is a 76 Cheyenne fleetside long bed ex Arizona so body pretty sound needs a bit of TLC in places but nothing major, dash and door rubbers are toast but veour bench is good if a little sun faded.
PO had fitted a crate 383 which runs sweet, wrecked the TH350 so we swapped in a TH400, fuel tanks were full of crap but once cleaned out and given a coat of paint look like new, all fuel hoses replaced to deal with the ethanol, unfortunately the carb suffered from neglect and the idle circuit blocked up, fortunately I had a Holley which came off my Corvette that was fully rebuilt dropped that on and a few minutes tweaking and it was running like a Swiss watch, just waiting for a vacuum fitting to reconnect the brake servo and get the brakes back again.
Still plenty to do but that's pretty much were we are now.
Forget to mention it's in the UK now.
Graham