Author Topic: fine night for mudding  (Read 10689 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: fine night for mudding
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 01:45:31 AM »
i took some with my phone but trying to drive a stick and bouncing around in the cab made it hard to keep a steady hand most the time you can see is the dash lol
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:02:21 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 04:01:50 AM »
on a side note. when i was stuck i noticed foam around the front passengers tire. thinking maybe i busted it so i went to put some weight on it see if it collapsed any. it didnt but the whole tire rocked. so took it to the shop and jacked it up and its in the hub probably wheel bearings, but i havnt never had any trouble with the passengers side. so now i get to take her apart fix the problem replace the knuckle cause the drivers side tie rod mounts from bottom up and the passengers side mounts from top side down, they are about 10 years apart thats why they are different. so now i get to put the newer one on the passengers side put in a locker up front and weld up the rear. then i will be back in the mud

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 01:06:32 AM »
working on it. put a couple clips together but it saved it as a file i dont know. have to re-save it to a different type then upload it to photobucket but im not at "my computer right now" so im limited on what i can do to it lol

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 09:34:54 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4xKbHW2iC0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
made this video of the clips I had of that day. The last part is my buddy driving and me in the passengers seat bouncing around

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2013, 03:45:50 AM »

well another day of rain made for some mud. but once we tuned the truck fixed some things. i drove her to the pit put her in 4wd and started to roll only to hear a distinctive click every tire rotation. knowing its my axle joint, my buddy said shes good shes broke anyway lol so i took off into one hole. made it threw got confident and went to back up to pick him up and try a bigger hole. only to get stuck so he got the deere out and gave me a push and i started to roll again only to hear the axle shaft break. this is number 3 i think for me on the dana 44. so im searching ebay for used ones. cant aford the hevey duty ones at this point but want to get her back in the mud lol. this last one lasted a couple years so im happy with it. but i know fords axles are on the wrong side but the axle shaft seams to be about the same size inside shaft is 34" while the out side on gm is 10.125" ford is 9.72 so that could be shaved off i would think they both are the same spline count 30 and 19. but is the outside dia the same? i know someone can steer me in the right direction
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:10:48 PM by Irish_Alley »

Offline Engineer

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
Your harsh ride-

Are you sure it is the lift and not the shocks? The sway bar (if attached) should level the truck. If you are having to steer opposite to level it I'm thinking you have a bad shock that is sticking/binding. Same for the rough ride.
2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1/ZF6sp RC/LB
2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 6.0/4L85E EC/SB
1997 Chevy Blazer 4x4
1994 Chevy K-2500 4x4 C6P 5.7/4L80E
1979 Chevy K-30 4x4 4sp 4.10
1977 Chevy K-30 4x4 4sp 4.10 454

Dad of an Eagle Scout, and a Life Scout

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 10:45:31 PM »
you know the sway bar aint attached. never even thought that could be it since it only does it on one side but i could see that as the reason, have to reattach it. now the shocks where new when i put the lift on so idk maybe but i didnt notice anything when i had to install them. but again i could see that causing it to have a problem. guess ill have to attach the sway bar and go from there

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 08:53:19 PM »
So my buddy gave me his 44s for fun cause we got bored. here my 79 with 44s and my 84 GMCummins

first thing to break was it ran out of gas right in the pit. then got her refueled and went about a foot and broke a hub(never broke one in this truck before) took her apart in the pit and swapped it with another. went about another foot and got stuck, it was getting dark so we left her in the pit for the night. after welding today we went out and pulled her out with a tractor, then was thinking what the heck we got the tractor out might as well go mudding some more. i ran her like i never have before. i usually try to keep her under 3k but i gave her some more gas and pushed her to 5-6k and had some fun. hit some resistance where i got stuck, back right up and tried her again. then i couldn't move no more. got out with her still in gear the bead was busted on the right front tire, and the front shaft was moving but the axle shafts weren't. so pulled her out changed the tire and got her back home. have to take apart the front but i pretty sure she wont be pretty
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:12:37 PM by Irish_Alley »