Author Topic: New member from Ohio  (Read 1840 times)

Offline mmanter

New member from Ohio
« on: July 30, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »
I signed up on here but never posted. I decided it was time to get a truck for my Dad and I to haul junk with and decided on a square body. I got mine for $800. It needs some TLC but in time I'll get it going. It's an 82 C10 with 350 turbo and 250 straight six, silverado package.

I found the engine was replaced with one from a 76 Chevy some time in the past, and was rigged beyond belief. It runs but not right. Engine has a miss when cruising, possibly a burnt valve. I replaced the carb, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. It runs better but not the greatest.

Plans include installing a 350, since the brackets are missing to hook everything up correctly. I'd fix the straight six if I had the correct brackets, but don't have a way to install the kickdown linkage to a one barrel carb when the engine was equipped with a two barrel carb. The throttle cable is rigged so it works, but doesn't work the greatest.

The transmission leaked badly, and functioned poorly, but got it working better after replacing the pan gasket. It sat for a couple years with nothing done, after the third owner never did anything with it. The second owner did so much rigging to it, both electrically and mechanically. One thing at a time to get it fixed up.
Matt Manter
1982 Chevy C-10 Silverado

Offline mmanter

Re: New member from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 02:21:40 PM »
Those were when I got her home. She cleaned up pretty good on the outside, especially after painting the wheels and getting new tires that weren't cracked
Matt Manter
1982 Chevy C-10 Silverado

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:26:14 PM »
Welcome from the St. Louis, MO area
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »
Welcome
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »
welcome from maryland
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes