Author Topic: What is the function of these???  (Read 1186 times)

Offline MY1978

• Registered Users
  • Just a girl and her truck since 1978
What is the function of these???
« on: November 24, 2020, 12:34:57 PM »
I have attached 2 pictures.

Picture #1 - my horn relay grounds here, I do not have anything to plug in to what looks like contacts.  Just for my information, what would this be used for.  Facing the dash it is to the far left of the cluster.

Picture #2 - Again, I have no extra connections hanging out there, but this connection is behind the cluster.  Any ideas what this is for?

Thanks for all the help.

Offline bigben5054

• Registered Users
Re: What is the function of these???
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
#1 is a grounding tree.  Serves as a source for ground wires.  #2 i don't know.  You might check the wiring diagrams contained in the technical pages if nobody else chimes in.   

Online bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:16:57 PM »
The upper image is the ground bus (a common point of connection) for electrical accessories inside the cab (e.g., the instrument panel, radio, etc).  The lower image is the connector for the seat belt warning buzzer module.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline MY1978

• Registered Users
  • Just a girl and her truck since 1978
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 05:57:59 PM »
WOW!!!!  Thanks to everyone!!  I don't remember if I had a seat belt buzzer.    I know I had a headlight buzzer but over the years it was apparently removed  (not me), for what ever reason.  :/    I am ordering the headlight buzzer because I KNOW I will forget  to turn them off.  These new vehicles spoil us with their auto on/off headlights.  Hope I remember how to roll up/down the windows on this ol' girl.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D