Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
[6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

* Search

* Top Boards

TODAY is a Great Day to visit our Store and order the parts you need for your truck ! ! !

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

Mike81K10
September 29, 2024, 08:44:33 PM by Mike81K10
Views: 307 | Comments: 6

What should the oil pressure be in my 383 Stroker? It has a High-volume oil pump installed in it.
clutchfoot
September 29, 2024, 07:06:39 AM by clutchfoot
Views: 215 | Comments: 4

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Love the forum and has helped answer tons of questions I’ve the years. Got my truck about 10 years ago and have worked on/off since

Most recent upgrade was dual Spal fans thanks to help from the forum, I’ll have more questions on finding an ignition source to cut them off (current go off with temp switch) but that’s a topic for another day

I’ve always seemed to run really rich and I’m finally getting around to addressing it.

Detail:
‘85 C-10
Block: 350 SBC bored .060” over
Heads: 487s with 1.60/2.02 Valves
Intake: Holley Street Dominator Dual Plane Intake Manifold
Carb: New Holley Street Avenger 670 CFM 4150 Vacuum Secondaries
Cam: Duration 288/298, Lift .444/.466
Distributor: Street Fire 8362 Vacuum Advance HEI
Spark plugs: R45TS @.035 gap
Timing: Been a while but I recall landing at 14 initial and 36 total
Headers: Flowtech long tubes w/1.5” primaries

Given that info, and that’s it’s running really rich, where is the first place you check?

I was thinking jets but before I mess with the factory carb setup I thought I’d ask, current jets are 65 Primary and 68 Secondary which doesn’t seem wild from what I’ve read.
Floats are set correctly.

Choke has always seemed to work well but might revisit that after some reading

It’s runs pretty well aside from being burn your eyes rich. If I punch it I do get a slight hesitation, my assumption is too much fuel but I really don’t know.

My plugs have about 200 miles on them and are already black and likely fouled.

Appreciate any guidance the group has. Thanks!
Walstw01
September 24, 2024, 02:03:03 PM by Walstw01
Views: 669 | Comments: 4

When my boys built my truck, they added an under-dash phone charging port, wired through a switch to the accessory pin in the fuse block.  When I plug in my charger and connect it to my phone, it does not charge it.  It will charge their phones just fine, but my phone is one of the newer ones that requires the 3-amp charger.  I also have an ”Otto the Automatic Wireless Phone Charging Holder”  (has sensors to automatically open and close the arms that grip the phone, along with built-in wireless charging).  The charging port doesn’t supply enough power to operated the wireless charging phone holder either.  I thought there was a possibility of the port they installed being the limiting factor, so I bought one that was rated to 7-amps and replaced the cigarette lighter power port in the ashtray spare change storage bin.  Still no luck.  Any ideas on what I should look for?  Possibility of corrosion in fuse block limiting power?  I’m at a loss …
September 17, 2024, 11:35:17 PM by Dr_Snooz | Views: 1067 | Comments: 4

My brother-in-law got his 4Runner going a few weeks ago, so we went out to see what's what on Labor Day weekend.

I live about 30 minutes from the Kings Canyon National Park entrance. The park adjoins the Sequoia National Park to the south. Both parks sit inside the Sequoia National Forest, so we have lots of recreational opportunities close by.

This was up near Hume Lake.

California is a special place. You have the beaches to the west with all kinds of fun stuff to do, surfing, motorsports on the sand dunes. The weather is spectacular all year round. As you come over the coastal range, you get into the Central Valley which produces the most amazing diversity of agricultural crops. There's everything from nuts, fruits, vegetables, grains, to specialty crops like wine and olives. As you pass into the Sierra Nevada range, the foothills contain vast range lands with lots of cattle. As you rise into the mountains, you come into land largely preserved by legislation and managed for the benefit of the public. The National Forests are big preserves of timber. They are owned by the public, managed by the government, and are open for sensible commercial exploitation, like logging. Weyerhauser can't come buy it all up and build a fence around it. You can go 4x4ing or backpacking there whenever you want. The National Parks are off-limits to any kind of commercial exploitation, because they are especially beautiful. Yosemite is the best example. All of this is within easy driving distance of my house. LA and SF are also an easy half-day's drive away. San Diego is a full day.

I'm privileged to live where I do.
September 17, 2024, 08:56:29 PM by greenacres | Views: 1582 | Comments: 14

I am installing a new wiring harness in my 79 K10. I’m not replacing an existing wiring harness. There are only bits and pieces of the original wiring harness left. I have a wiring schematic and I’m pretty good at reading wiring schematics. My problem is there are some connectors on the new wiring harness under the dash that I can’t figure out what they are for or what they plug into.

Attached are some photos of the wires I can’t figure out. I think one of those connectors goes to a seat belt buzzer, but I’m not sure which one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

Re: Hello all. by Shifty
[October 05, 2024, 05:25:11 PM]

Re: Hello all. by jeremy.farlow
[October 05, 2024, 03:39:04 PM]

Re: Oil Pressure In A 383 Stroker by JohnnyPopper
[October 04, 2024, 07:34:40 AM]

Re: windshield wiper repair by VileZambonie
[October 03, 2024, 05:42:09 PM]

Re: Dualjet cruising lean hesitation by Shifty
[October 03, 2024, 03:37:23 PM]