Author Topic: AAW wiring kit?  (Read 2136 times)

Offline SinisterC10

AAW wiring kit?
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »
Anyone using an American Autowire kit in their truck?  I have a new Highwayy 22 universal kit still in the box I was planning on using on my Camaro but at the last minute decided not to.

I know AAW makes a direct fit kit for these trucks but it is very expensive and it is only a 15 circuit block if I remember right.

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: AAW wiring kit?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 06:54:55 PM »
American Autowire is sold by the site store.  AAW 310347 is a featured product.  If you have any questions email Captkaos at webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com.  He's been pretty busy, so allow some time for him to respond.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline SinisterC10

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »
American Autowire is sold by the site store.  AAW 310347 is a featured product.  If you have any questions email Captkaos at webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com.  He's been pretty busy, so allow some time for him to respond.

Does that have the same amount of circuits as the stock fuse block? I will be running several electronic add-ons so I need a couple additional circuits. That's why I was thinking of using the kit I have. It's still new. It just might be a challenge mounting it in the stock location.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:32:03 PM »
yes it is the same amount as the stock setup.

Offline Armor

• Registered Users
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »
the AAW kit was a great install. i did it for my 78 rebuild and i have 1 complaint only. it didn't have a provision for trailer wiring.  I ended up planning it out and instead of cutting wires, ran double wires to the crimps at the various lights that were needed, then ran to a 4wire weatherpak under the bed.

instructions are great otherwise, worth it.