Author Topic: Edelbrock Carb Add-Ons  (Read 2265 times)

Offline 86silver

Edelbrock Carb Add-Ons
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:49:13 AM »
Ok fellas, I have a 350 engine and 700R4 tranny.  The carb was never setup correctly by PO.  That being said I am wondering about the two brackets below.

Which do I need or do you use both or do they both do the same thing?  I know my throttle return spring connects to the wrong place. My tranny doesn't shift into 4th and my throttle can be manually moved slightly further than the pedal will.  All research shows I have the wrong bracket.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Edelbrock Carb Add-Ons
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:11 PM »
I don't use Edelbrock carbs, so I can't help on which one.  Did you find the answer?  Did you search the forum, this has been posted somewhere.
Anyway a bump just incase someone remembers where or can answer quickly.

Offline mmartin6

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:31:52 AM »
I have the same set up on my truck. can u post a pic of what u have on. I didnt have to change anything on the carb i hav. 1406 electric choke. the guy that put the tranny in modified the valvebody so it would shift into forth gear, not sure what he did put it works. hope this helps

Offline jaredts

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 09:41:23 PM »
I don't know the top bracket so can't comment on it, but the bottom one is correct.  It is called a tv corrector bracket.  Without it you will have trouble with a 700r4 transmission.  After my recent 700r4 install I installed a similar bracket and the pull of the cable was still a little off.  When I pumped the gas pedal quickly my cable would come out of adjustment.  I tried three different cables because it seemed like the adjuster wasn't stiff enough to stay in adjustment (I should have bought an oem cable).  I bought a monster transmission tv fix which is a small spring and cup that goes onto the end of the cable.  I then used a pressure gage to set my tv cable and finally solved my problem.  I can't, however, set my cable with the normal method.  If you're not going into fourth you have a problem that will burn up your transmission pretty quickly.  I had that as well briefly when my cable setup was not right.  The spring isn't a big deal as long as it works and won't bind or come off.  The pedal adjustment isn't a big deal either, but it would be nice to fix.  I just bent my pedal arm to adjust it as I didn't see any adjustment on the cable.