Author Topic: Wiring diagrams  (Read 3543 times)

Offline Sawilli95

Wiring diagrams
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:38:57 PM »
Any chance someone has the wiring diagram for the windshield wipers and blower motor for a 1975 Chevy k10? I'm trying to find out why my wipers won't work and why I can't get the blower motor to flip on. (Blower motor was bench tested and works)

Online bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Wiring diagrams
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »
Scroll down to the wiring manuals.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline 75gmck25

• Frequent Member
  • 1975 GMC K25 Camper Special, 350/TH350/NP203
Re: Wiring diagrams
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »
The diagrams are posted here, but I also bought a physical copy from a vendor on eBay. 

FYI - When you are looking for a service manual, the 1975 manual is a supplement to the 1974 Service manual.  There is no base 1975 Service manual.

The blower motor on A/C vehicles has a couple parts to the wiring.  The lower speeds are controlled by the switch and the resistor pack under the hood located on the A/C plenum, but high speed works differently.

High speed for the blower is controlled by a separate blower relay, also located on the A/C plenum.   Power for the high speed relay has  separate 30 amp fuse in a round fuse holder that is located on the upper edge of the firewall, just under the hood.  This fuse only comes into play when the HVAC is on high speed, or the A/C is on max (which kicks in the high speed).  In my case this fuse holder had melted, and I had no high speed.  Changing the 30 amp fuse only caused further deterioration of the holder, so I spliced in a blade fuse holder, and have had no more problems.

I also found there were variations in the blower motor and wheel assemblies, so I had to bring the old one in and match to what they had available.  The way the blower wheel attaches to the motor is different for the two types of motors, and they used both motors in 1975.

Bruce