Author Topic: Fuel Gauge  (Read 2891 times)

Offline whytemoose

• New Users
Fuel Gauge
« on: March 16, 2006, 04:52:00 AM »
I have a 1984 C20 chevy pickup. I had problems with the fuel gauge going up and down and not being accurate. I opened the dash and pulled out the gauge. I crimped the clips together that the gauge plugs into in the dash and now it doesn't work at all. I also have a turn signal on the dash that won't flash but the bulb looks ok. Can anyone tell me where to start to troubleshoot this problem? I would really like to have a working fuel gauge again.

[mail]whytemoose@att.net[/mail]

Edited by: whytemoose at: 3/16/06 4:54 am

Offline Z28 c10

• Registered Users
Re: Fuel Gauge
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »
You may have to pull the whole cluster out and check the paths on your printed circuit, most likely you'll find the problem there with your blinker. Dumb thing first, have you checked the bulbs on the OUTSIDE of the truck?? more times than not, if you have a blown blinker bilb, your blinkers wont work. On the fuel gauge, I'm not sure what to tell you, I've had three of these trucks, none of which the fuel gauge worked. I put a used one in my '81 and it jumps around a bit also but it's better than running out of gas and having to push a heavy Chevy

JayTater

Z28 C10

Edited by: Z28 c10 at: 3/16/06 7:01 pm