Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

* Search

* Top Boards

As of Sept 30, 2013 all AOL accounts have blocking to the forums has been lifted.  If you have an AOL account, you should be able to register now.

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

Today at 05:09:45 PM by Al-Haqq | Views: 18 | Comments: 0

Hi I'm Dee. Im new  to the site. Be reading a lot on here and I've got a ton of questions. First let me say I'm 37yrs old, recently married with 3kids. A couple of year ago I bought a '86 c10 2wd. Only paid $800 buck for it. It has a strong 350 with auto tyranny, but the body a little shot. I would like to raise it like 4", but after reading on here. Ive learned that they don't make lift kits for 2wds. So my first question is, is spings the only way to raise my truck?? And what the biggest size tire I can fit under it without rubbing???
Today at 04:55:02 PM by ClintoCinco | Views: 11 | Comments: 0

Hey! New to the forum here and this is my first post. I've been a creeper on this site for sometime, and have found all the help I needed in other threads.

I have a 74 C10 Long bed, that I've been redoing. Got it from somebody, and they put a starter button on it. You turn the key to ignition, and push the button and it starts up. There are 2 wires going straight to the button(I'm guessing power and starter) as you can push it when the truck is on and it engages. There are FOUR wires coming through the firewall, two of them are the ones I mentioned, there is a purple one running straight to the fuse box under the IGN I believe, and then a red one just dangling.

I want to go back to the normal turn key and go instead of the button.
Now if I turn the key to ignition, you can hear the fan come on, but if I were to crank it using the regular ignition, the fan shuts off and the parking brake light comes on momentarily.

I ordered a new ignition switch, just in case the previous owner did this because it was broken.

BUT I was wondering if these 4 wires need to go somewhere else to just make the ignition work like normal again?
I'll get photos up, but I appreciate any help in the mean time!!  ;D
Today at 04:32:50 PM by 79ScottsdaleGuy | Views: 7 | Comments: 0

Does anyone have a list of GM's paint codes.  I was told that mine was a camel brown color.  Truck is a 1979 c10 Scottsdale.  Interior is the same color as exterior. Im having to replace the glovebox as the original went missing before i obtained this truck so I have no idea. Also, does anyone have an ashtray metal cover plate the same color they would like to part with or sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today at 02:55:48 PM by Darenwedds | Views: 22 | Comments: 2

Hi,

I am from Pretoria, South Africa. I have recently purchased an old 1975 C10 with a straight 6 motor that has been standing for a few years. My idea is to simply get it running and legally back on the road. Then maybe some modifications will be done later.
I've joined this forum to look for tips and advice. Just thought I would share my project.

Today at 12:33:26 PM by 79ScottsdaleGuy | Views: 24 | Comments: 3

I have a 1979 scottsdale that came with idiot lights.  This is the truck my dad first owned that he bought brand new from dealership in 1979.  I tracked it down, bought it, and am now trying to restore it as a gift to give him.  However i would like to change from idiot lights to guages with tach. I have purchased new factory guages, bezel, housing, lens, small fuel guage, factory tach, tach harness, tach bracket, and printed circuit for a 1979 from truck in order to perform this change over. I even ordered a new pc18 cluster connector and pins for it online but im looking for the wire diagrams to show me how to repin the connector from the factory wiring to make it work on the new cluster/printed circuit.  Any help would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

* Top Poster

Captkaos Captkaos
17954 Posts
VileZambonie VileZambonie
15652 Posts
Irish_Alley Irish_Alley
11642 Posts
zieg85 zieg85
6394 Posts