Author Topic: Inside of cab color  (Read 2437 times)

Offline got2haul

• Frequent Member
Inside of cab color
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »
1980 stepside.

When it's time to repaint, I'd like to change the color of my truck.  The exterior is not a problem, but there is a lot of paint INSIDE the cab.  How much paint does a factory-style headliner cover?  Will it hide enough of the paint (inner roof, A and B pillars, back of cab, etc.) so that I need only be concerned with the lower portion of the dashboard and the doors?

I've never owned one of these trucks that was a trim-level above Scottsdale, so none of my previous trucks had headliners.

So if the headliner won't cover enough of the paint, is it difficult to paint the interior of a cab?

1980 Custom Deluxe Stepside
        Stepside thread: http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=7505.0
1980 Silverado Short Bed Fleetside
1976 GMC Sierra Grande C15

Offline mike357

• Registered Users
Re: Inside of cab color
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
i have an '80 silverado and my headliner just covers the roof area, the A and B pillers are covered with the trim pieces that help hold up the headliner.the back of the cab under the back glass is not covered.
to do a interior color change the right way would be quite a bit of work, the seat,carpet, door panels, dash, instrument cluster, trim pieces, and i'm sure some other items would need to be removed.  

Offline Leadfoot

color
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
Like Mike said,it's a lot of work to change colors inside..I went from saddle to white with mine.. took out windows,carpet,seats,dash,seatbelts etc.. the headliner does NOT cover anything below the back window,so it must be painted..I'm glad i did it now,but wouldn't want to do it again..8)

Tim

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: color
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »
If you want to do it quick.  Everything below the back window level to the floorboard and everything below the dash level to the floorboard for paint.

The doors will need inside and outside paint.

This is a VERY old picture of mine that I panted the inside blue to give you an idea...

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project