Author Topic: Delaware prison riots (hope Irish_allery is not there).  (Read 5263 times)

Offline fitz

Delaware prison riots (hope Irish_allery is not there).
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
Just caught the tail end of a news story about a prison riot in Delaware.  It said 2 Corrections Officers were held hostage. I hope everything turns out OK.  Hopefully Irish_alley isn't involved.

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
Re: Delaware prison riots (hope Irish_allery is not there).
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:52:24 PM »
We just had an officer involved shooting in my town, officer got it in the head with a heavy glass object. I was just in the hiring process with this agency. I hope Irish is ok, hopefully he checks in soon.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
He checked in last night at 11:22 PM...

Whats everybody do for a living?
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »
Oh good. I just heard it was like 4 guards taken hostage and 1 was killed. Hopefully he pops in here soon.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline fitz

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:12:41 AM »
I noticed he posted.
Glad he is OK.
My thoughts go out to the Guard's involved.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:14:05 PM »
Yes I'm OK. It was at my old prison I left there about 4 years ago. The Sgt killed was a 16 year vet and a dang good guy. Walked many beats with him and I never once questioned his ethics. I don't know what happened yet but I'm blaming the ACLU right now. They have some bad policies and every officer has been saying "someone is going to get hurt" the ACLU wants to cater to inmates but if you tell an inmate "no" or are mean to a catered kid then they will throw a fit. And that's what this is, they wanted to be heard and the ACLU made it possible and also about being understaffed
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:49:18 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:26:29 PM by Irish_Alley »

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 02:08:05 PM »
Thanks for the info, glad you are ok. My condolences to the family of the Fallen Sergeant and the department from the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Engineer

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 08:37:42 PM »
One thing I appreciate about this website is how it mostly stays politics neutral. So I'll attempt to stay with that theme. However,

There are a lot of us who never lost our respect for the blue. Many of us have friends and family that wear the blue. So, with that said, maybe this new guy at 1600 will get the public as a whole back to respecting the blue. I know he has their back, but merely the absence of constantly blaming the blue before knowing the facts should help a few more of the blue get home to their families at the end of a tough shift.

God bless the boys and girls that wear the blue.
2002 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 8.1/ZF6sp RC/LB
2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 6.0/4L85E EC/SB
1997 Chevy Blazer 4x4
1994 Chevy K-2500 4x4 C6P 5.7/4L80E
1979 Chevy K-30 4x4 4sp 4.10
1977 Chevy K-30 4x4 4sp 4.10 454

Dad of an Eagle Scout, and a Life Scout

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 09:19:18 PM »
This is my brother
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/2017/02/02/floyd-remembered-dedicated-officer/97407172/

had a guy ask me if i was there. i said "no, but my brothers and sisters are". he then asked if they were in the building where it happened. i wanted to smack him, but some people dont understand a us vs them a 4 vs 200. My brother died with honor saving many other lives, it was the inmates intentions on taking as many as they could. Sgt Floyd saved countless amount of lives.

ive cried when a family member has passed but nothing like this incident. i feel like ive lost a true brother and this is the family we have as LEOs. today as i was getting ready for work, i couldnt help but sit there and cry thinking i dont know if i will be back home tonight. so i gave my wife and little girl an extra hug and kiss. i pressed my uniform just like any other day said my goodbye and love yous and went out the door. thinking about my brother and my work family and my real family.

dont take a single second for granted

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 06:35:07 PM »
My condolences to you and your department from myself and the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department. R.I.P. Sgt Floyd.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »
Thank you LTZ and Eng

more details are coming out about the situation that i can release.
the inmates in this building had ran mock fights timing the C/O response and who responded. On Feb 1st 2017 Sgt Floyd heard a commotion, he initially called a code for "major disturbance", after the inmates heard this they stopped fighting and went straight for him. he then called another code for "assault of staff" then they took him and put him in a closet and waited for back up to respond. as they came in the building he either called over the radio or yelled at them "its a trap" the back up then turned around.

Sgt floyd sacrificed himself to save his fellow officers. theres more to this story but it hasnt been released yet so im not going into detail. BLM supported the inmates along with other groups including an ex-death row inmate who said the conditions in the prison are inhuman and even linked the riot with black history month. sorry bud the ACLU just told us last year we passed and if anything theyve gotten better since. the inmates said their reason behind all this was due to trump cause they know he'll make the prisons worse off. then they went to saying they wanted better schooling and rehab. then they killed a good man who was always by the book, nothing extra and you knew what you got with him.

(this is me speaking with no facts to back it up)
im sorry but their demands dont match killing someone, i believe it was a hit of some sort. the ex-death row inmate MCcoy (who is on the streets) had contact with the inmates as they were rioting even with the phones being cut off. so someone had a cell phone with his name in it. and decided to call him instead of someone else. he also claimed his friend that called him was a hostage (yeah that makes sense) Instead of calling family to say "im ok" im going to call another con and tell him whats up.

Offline LTZ C20

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 08:00:48 AM »
That is a really bad deal all the way around. He really did sacrifice himself to save the others, a true hero. I hope who(s) ever response is held fully accountable.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »
Sgt. Floyd E.O.W. 02/02/2017 last call  rest easy brother, we got it from here. im going to lock this post since he was laid to rest today. hopefully we will never have to feel a lost like this again