Author Topic: Sliding glass rubber  (Read 2750 times)

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
Sliding glass rubber
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
I saw an old thread about this, just curious if anyone has an update.

I have the original 4 panel sliding glass, but having difficulty finding rubber for it. Has anyone found one recently?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Sliding glass rubber
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:17:20 PM »
You can buy a whole new rear slider for under $200 bucks. Aside from the outer seal which I know you can get with or without the lock strip, I'm not sure where you would find parts.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:26:13 PM »
You can buy a whole new rear slider for under $200 bucks. Aside from the outer seal which I know you can get with or without the lock strip, I'm not sure where you would find parts.
Im sorry, I typed my post in a hurry. All I need is the outer seal to seat the glass in the channel. The site that shall not be mentioned doesnt carry them and I couldnt find them on the forum site either.

I have found a couple possibilities but the descriptions are vague and I dont want to order another part that is incorrect.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
Im sorry, I typed my post in a hurry. All I need is the outer seal to seat the glass in the channel. The site that shall not be mentioned doesnt carry them and I couldnt find them on the forum site either.

I have found a couple possibilities but the descriptions are vague and I dont want to order another part that is incorrect.

I have an original rear window seal, and its from a slider. I have it on craigs.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »

There are two different types of seals. Which one do you have? Does your rear window have the locking strip? Check with Chris he sells Precision seals.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »
This is the closest picture I have of it on hand

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 03:01:36 PM »
Again, with or without the lock strip? Email Chris and tell him which you prefer and he can send you a quote webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »
Im sorry, I dont know what the lock strip is unless youre referring to the lock strip on the seal itself. The new rubber I have has a lock strip.

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
I guess its all a moot point. The shop im storing it out picked up an after market slider and installed it today. Theyre good at spending my money lol

Now to see what people will pay for original sliding glass

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:47:35 PM by GMCMedic »