Author Topic: Factory Interior Color Schemes  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Mechanized

Factory Interior Color Schemes
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:11:21 PM »
My 81 C10 is a canada model so not sure if this affects what color schemes were offered but it is silver paint then has red carpet, red bench seat, red visors - then a blue dash and blue door panels; it is all beat up and Im trying to replace, but before spending money could someone verify did GM really make two tone interiors like this? Im almost sure its all stock because of the wear on everything, but just need to be sure in case the dash or door panels were replaced with wrong color at some point.

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: Factory Interior Color Schemes
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:24:19 PM »
The never mixed a red and blue together interior wise.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:44:42 PM »
The never mixed a red and blue together interior wise.

Thanks Zieg, but I gotta ask, how sure are you? My only concern is how well worn everything is - not to mention the red and blue with silver paint is actually a really nice combination, so I could see them doing this. Being its a Canadian model too - did they offer different color schemes there? Its really important to know for sure as I'm going to change everything to red if this isn't stock, appreciate the info.

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:21:00 AM »
To be sure find the RPO sticker or build sheet
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
To be sure find the RPO sticker or build sheet

Zieg, just looked at the sheet, it says "XRR1 Carmine Cust Vinyl 8" - I assume Carmine is the red? Tried searching the XRR1 code but can't find anything.

I am 99.9% sure all of the red parts are stock due to things like the sun visors being red and all of the little worn plastic trim parts around the carpet red - its just so weird that they would add a blue dash and door panels - and the wear on those parts is in line with everything else. But yeah based on what your saying and the code its probably best to play it safe and convert the dash and door panels to red. Do you know any good aftermarket dash brands or the best way to go there and where to buy one? Thanks for any help.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
Are you suggesting Canadians are really weird? They like blue dash pads and door panels mixed in their red interiors?  :P

Someone swapped them
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 08:16:27 PM »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:18:26 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 11:47:50 PM »
Are you suggesting Canadians are really weird? They like blue dash pads and door panels mixed in their red interiors?  :P

Someone swapped them

I was starting to think that haha, but yeah gues it was swapped - it did look good though with the blue dash and doors in a funky kind of way!

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »
The site store has quality dash pads. Among many other items.

http://store.73-87chevytrucks.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=7&Category_Code=DC

Thanks, but I need a Carmine Red dash for an 81 and it doesnt look like thats offered - cant go the cover route as Im changing colors. Seems like OER dash pads are what most vendors are selling - and like half the reviews are negative unfortunately... do you guys know of any other options out there?

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 06:42:48 AM »
Youll probably have to paint any interior pieces you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 12:15:05 PM »
Lots of stuff in my interior was pine green, factory color to match the seamist green body. Previous owner turned most of it black, so thats what i had to re-finish it in. Looks and matches everything great, but not factory. Black is standard and matches all. Oh well. Therefore, you could switch to all black vs. dying it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:16:52 PM by philo_beddoe »
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 10:59:10 PM »

Do you think the plastic trim parts like door panels would hold up to wear though? I painted the seats of a car I built years ago with special vinyl paint of and the paint started wearing off immediately, sucked

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 11:00:44 PM »
Lots of stuff in my interior was pine green, factory color to match the seamist green body. Previous owner turned most of it black, so thats what i had to re-finish it in. Looks and matches everything great, but not factory. Black is standard and matches all. Oh well. Therefore, you could switch to all black vs. dying it.

Definitely, black is the universal color, makes life easy, goes with any paint. I have so much red trim pieces, seats etc. that Im trying to stay red; my door panels are black so Im considering painting those red with OER's carmine red interior paint but not sure if it will hold up? Its a hard one.

Offline Mechanized

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »

Someone swapped them

Well it gets even more interesting - pulled the door panels and they have the Canadia maple leaves stamped all over inside of them so they are a factory part, highly doubt they were ever switched and then just happened to be replaced with Canadian made panels - and they are Black - so I am 99.9% convinced this trucks stock interior was red and black at the very least, if the blue dash turns out to be stock then those Canadians are super weird!

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 02:55:07 AM »

Do you think the plastic trim parts like door panels would hold up to wear though? I painted the seats of a car I built years ago with special vinyl paint of and the paint started wearing off immediately, sucked
Prep prep prep