Author Topic: Cab  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Stm3784

Cab
« on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:29 PM »
Hey guys it's been a long since I've posted anything. But I have a question regarding cabs. Is it possible to take a2wd cab and make it a 4 wd cab. Keep in mind I'm looking for a donor cab   Either 2 or 4 wheel drive. I don't have a cab at all right now. Also is it easy to come across a high hump for the transfer case and transmission floor shift. Thanks

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
Re: Cab
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:12 PM »
Cab floors are as follows:

-2wd automatics have the lowest humps
-2wd manuals have taller humps
-4wd automatics have taller humps than 2wd automatics
-4wd manuals have the tallest humps of them all

I'm not positive on this but 2wd manuals and 4wd automatics may be close too if not the same size humps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Monkey Uncle

• Registered Users
Re: Cab
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 05:17:13 AM »
I have an '85 C10 body (originally 2wd) on a '78 GMC K (4x4) chassis.  The '85 body donor truck originally had a 6.2L diesel and an automatic transmission. I don't know what model the transmission was.  The '78 GMC chassis has a 350 gas V8, and originally had a 4-speed manual transmission.  The 4-speed was replaced with a TH350 automatic when the chassis was paired with the '85 body.  Previous owner did all the work, so I don't know what all he had to do to get everything to fit, but I do know it can be done.  The 4x4 shifter is very well-integrated and looks like it was there all along.