Author Topic: Complete Door Kit  (Read 2145 times)

Offline septantrionalis

Complete Door Kit
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »
Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to replace the doors on my 74 Chevy Truck?  They are in bad shape.  The sheet metal and interior panel is in bad shape.  The window barely wants to roll up and the door is just hard to close.  In the end, I just want to replace the whole door.

I went to a junkyard and all the doors I've seen are in bad shape.  I tried to order the parts from a certain online site, but that became a pain in the ass.  I couldn't find a complete door kit.  After adding almost 40+ parts to my shopping cart, I just gave up.  Is there somewhere I can just buy the entire door door as a whole or am I stuck just buying each individual piece and putting it together?

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
Re: Complete Door Kit
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:52:57 AM »
Try harder to find original doors. I bought new doors and they were a pain to fit. Wish I would have fixed my old ones instead. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Offline septantrionalis

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
Try harder to find original doors. I bought new doors and they were a pain to fit. Wish I would have fixed my old ones instead. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Actually, I think that this might be a better idea.  I can then just buy the parts to make the old door work.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
Yes I agree find original doors and buy the replacement parts. Be worth waiting til find some descent used doors.