Author Topic: 1986 c10 2wd value (fire damage)  (Read 1869 times)

Offline kcwis

1986 c10 2wd value (fire damage)
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Any idea what the value would be, ? short box, chassis, trans, rear end, all seem ok. Cab,engine and eng compartment very burnt. Fortunately not mine but a good friends. We have a 76 gmc c10 2wd project truck. and might use some of the parts other than the short box, we have a long box.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 1986 c10 2wd value (fire damage)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
kind of hard to judge something like that. depending on what started the fire and how long it burnt for you have to kind of think the engine and trans might be gone. either one you can pick up cheap at a junk yard so they're not worth the risk imo. so now youre left with the frame and axle. at this point your not using the frame and might use the axle, i wouldnt pay no more than 500 for it and thats pretty much paying for the bed, frame and axle. but again thats the only things i can see you using and that depends on how much things go for in your area. i bought a long bed with dual tanks for 400 around me but another guy around me said he sold one with rust for 600. im all about making deals and i dont pay "what theyre going for"
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline kcwis

Re: 1986 c10 2wd value (fire damage)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 02:54:02 PM »
Thanks for your reply,My offer of $500 was accepted now I need to work out storage lot details.