Author Topic: Drop questions  (Read 2596 times)

Offline chiefmiller84

Drop questions
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:59:42 PM »
Looking to drop my daily either 3/5 or 4/6. I'm good with either a flip kit or piecing one together. I've read that DJM is no good and mcgaughys is no bueno with my stock 15s. Eventually I'd like to grab some 17s, but until then I'm looking to drop it. While I'm under there I was wondering if the tubular control arms are worth buying? I plan to replace all the tie rods and ball joints. I don't think pitman arms are necessary. I'll probably do a new sway bar too. I did see a rack and pinion brothers trucks is selling, didn't know if that was worth the $$ or not too. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone running one yet or not.
I'm on a budget so my list is new tires, brakes and accessories, suspension. Just want to get a good list going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FlatBlack77

• Cheap Fast Reliable - Pick 2
Re: Drop questions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 10:29:57 PM »
I recommend Western Chassis for suspension parts. and i am sure other members will tell you the same thing

you could do a flip kit in the back and spindles up front for starters. then drop springs as needed for the look you want. I run my stock 15 inch rally wheels with no troubles on WC drop spindles
"When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
'77 C/10 - 350/350 mild street motor

Offline chiefmiller84

Re: Drop questions
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:22:14 AM »
Thanks man. Would I need the shock extenders or drop shocks for the front/rear? I think my truck already has 2" shackles in the rear as it sits pretty level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk