Author Topic: 1974 C10 Heater Rebuild  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Wili74

1974 C10 Heater Rebuild
« on: June 19, 2017, 05:29:47 PM »
My 1974 C10 with factory ac had a leaking heater core. As part of the job to fix it, I decided to remove the ac (it wasn't working). With help from here, I located a supplier to provide a device to permit covering the opening in the firewall where I removed the condensor. Got the device and a new heater core, and started to put it all back together when I noticed there were some narrow strips of foam that direct air flow through the heater that are all torn up and some missing. I'm hoping someone has a heater out of their truck that could take a few pictures to show where these foam strips are supposed to go and where to buy them. I can probably get substitute strips from somewhere local. Let me know if you have suggestions. I'm really concerned about all of the vacumm lines I had to disconnect that open and close vents in and around the heater. Will it ever work again? The heater fan didn't work when I started, so I don't know if the heater vents worked before I started. I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: 1974 C10 Heater Rebuild
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
If you removed the piece from the firewall you removed the fan that allows heat...
Am I missing something?