Author Topic: Engine Struggle  (Read 10110 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Engine Struggle
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »
johnny i know with my mud truck it was a pain to get and keep her running right. think part of my issue was a bad fuel pump that allowed fuel to drain back to the tank after i shut the engine down. i installed a universal electric pump from napa, for get the psi but it was around 5. good number for a carb. i have it set up so i can flip a switch and manually turn it off or on but also have the power wired to the fuse box so it only has power with the key on. it got rid of most my issues after a good tune and the pump installed i can have the engine sit for a year. put a good battery in her flip the switch and turn it right over and she starts every time. i also have one of those plastic boat fuel tanks that i remove when im not using the truck just so the fuel doesnt sit and i use it on other engines
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Johnbravado

Re: Engine Struggle
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 08:56:43 AM »
This is first time I have done a fuel pump and after completing it I should have bought the electric pump at AutoZone I saw. Think it gave also 4-7 psi but that is all we need. New pump is on. If this doesn't solve it, gotta wait about an hour to test drive for the sealant to dry. But if this don't solve it. I am going to do a carb rebuild. Haven't done one of those since my VW bug in '98 how much harder could aedelbrock 1406 be.