Author Topic: Color Your Hippo???  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Ziptar

Color Your Hippo???
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
In reasearching bed liners I came across "Color Your Hippo" Tintable Urethane Bed liner. It's made by Dominion Sure Seal, the same company makes "Gator Guard II".

Found out about it on a boat building board, guys use it for non-slip deck surfaces.

When I do a frame off on my truck I was thinking I would Duraback the engine compartment, Under Body, and Cab floor and bed in plain old black.

Matching the coating to the body paint would be kind of cool.

Kit is $74 online, anyone seen / used it???

Edited by: Ziptar at: 1/26/06 12:56 pm

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Color Your Hippo???
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »
I haven't ever seen it, but thanks for sharing.  I will take a look at it.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline shaved80

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 01:02:00 AM »
you can get almost every bed liner in different colors now. if it's spray in i say go for it, but i'd never trust a roll on one

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 06:21:00 AM »
SEM brand sells tintable bed liner. I did the uder side of my cab and the floor inside up to below the rear window. and did chip gaurd along bottom edge of body. I still paintede over it as well. becasue tinting it it wasn't exactly the smae color.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline SUX2BU99

• My Cardomain Site. Truck is on Page 6.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
They sell that at Canadian Tire up here in Canada.   www.canadiantire.ca  You'll probably find it there, and probably for cheaper than that price too.  My truck has a brush-on bedliner in it thats about 5 years old. It seems to be holding up okay but when I helped somebody move recently and they dragged a sharp-edged file cabinet across my truck bed >:  it did take some of it off :(   The tailgate was done in something different though and it looks much more rugged and more of a bumpier texture.  I wish I knew what both products were.

85 Chevy Silverado C10 short, wide, yellow, 2wd. Lowered, 60-over 350 with Dart Iron Eagle heads and Comp Cams XE268 cam, TH350 w/ shift kit, 3.40 Gov-lok 12 bolt.

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 04:54:00 PM »
On my '78, I took Dupli-Color spray in truck bed coating and taped off about 2" around the front fenders and taped it to the height of the rocker panels and sprayed them with the stuff.  Anyone who has seen my truck with the fender flares, I took those off and painted about 1/4" past where they stopped.  I liked them, but they were trapping mud and eating my paint.>:  

Offline prjctk10

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »
1976Scottsdale what type of fender flares did you have on your truck and would you by chance still have them?:b  

Offline 1976Scottsdale

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
Sorry, they have already been sold.  They were unmarked, so I don't know who made them, but they were removed because they had sharp backs and dug into the paint and also filled with mud, which is never good for one of these trucks.  I will try to find some similar ones, there are a few sets at a local junkyard.  I can usually get them for $20.00 or $30.00 a set.