Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Transmission cooling lines in new aluminum radiator
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on April 29, 2024, 11:04:21 PM »
I laugh! Amazed that after all these years, with the potent brain trust embodied in this website, that no one will answer the question of volume.

Is it hubris? Many have said that an external cooler is good, mixed with the internal of the radiator, and so on, but no word, answer, opinion, or maybe just a fart, about volume's factor in proper cooling.

Perhaps I'm expected to derive the correct answer from non-direct comments to the question?

Sad.

Power Windows & Door Locks / Dead short window switch
« Last post by Clcarp57 on April 29, 2024, 07:42:08 PM »
'85 C10, bought   truck window regulators to speed up function of windows.  Drivers side works fine. Passenger side works fine.  Passenger switch on drivers side works fine in up mode, dead short on the down button that causes interior light to dim and stereo to restart (modern day single din). Wiring diagrams are confusing.  New switch, but old switch does the same thing.  I'd like to be able to run a jumper from drivers side passenger switch to the passenger side.  Any ideas? I'm lost.
Instrumentation / A-pillar gauge mount
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 05:52:58 PM »
Does the store (or anyone) offer a gauge panel for Scottsdale models (no headliner/a-pillar covers).  I'd prefer a 2-hole mount...
General Discussion / Re: Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by Captkaos on April 29, 2024, 10:32:31 AM »
Yes there are plastic clips used on the later versions.  They are thin and typically dry rotted.   I don't know of a source for them.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 29, 2024, 10:25:34 AM »
Don't know yet!
Members Rides / Re: 1986 C10 after 14 years finally started on
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 09:36:47 AM »
heck ya Zeig!   8)
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 09:32:15 AM »
Looks good Mike!  Do the valve covers clear the power brake booster?
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: No vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on April 29, 2024, 09:30:17 AM »
Pretty sure FO is good, I checked double checked and then checked again just to be sure but will look again, one thing I noticed was all was good at first start but after running for 5-10 minutes the dancing tacho started again, above 2500 it's steady again then back to idle and back to its tricks again.

Graham
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Something is scrapping the driveshaft!
« Last post by Shifty on April 29, 2024, 09:29:54 AM »
Aww man!  Why did you remove your roadkill-scraper-mount?  ;D
Body, Glass & Paint / Re: Cab floor brace support
« Last post by philo_beddoe on April 28, 2024, 10:31:56 PM »
Take out inner fender, loosen body mounts, jack up cab, cut, drill, grind, repair, patch, & weld all associated parts, lower cab, measure shim, adjust. Use rust protection on all areas. Should only take like 5-10 minutes.  8)
Well, two years later,,,finally got around to replacing that cab floor brace,,, sort of. Turns out the rotted section never reached the cab mount. So we cut out the bad section and welded in the exact shape piece needed, trimmed and painted. Done!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10