Author Topic: Sport mirrors to standard?  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Jfw432

• New Users
Sport mirrors to standard?
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »
Seems like most people talk about swapping to the sport mirrors but has anyone swapped the other way? I have the sport mirrors on my 79 C-10 and they are absolutely worthless as far as functionality for a truck. I assume the standard mirrors will cover the holes for the sport mirror mount but haven't checked for sure. Anything special I would need to do to mount the standard mirrors or can I just remove the interior panel and put a nut on the backside?

I dealt with the small mirrors for a couple years by using the rearview mirror and turning around. However, I've started hauling a golf cart in the back of the truck and the rearview mirror is completely blocked. Using the side mirrors to change lanes is kind of like praying the lane is clear and waiting for the honk.

Offline werewolfx13

• Site Supporters
Re: Sport mirrors to standard?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »
I switched from sport mirrors to standard dumbo mirrors on my 83 c10, the dumbo mirrors DO cover the holes from the sport mirrors. The sport mirrors may or may not have a bracket welded to the inside of the door, if it does, it should not interfere anyway. If its not welded, it will clatter to the bottom of the door, and you'll have to fish it out or listen to it rattle around. I used rubber well nuts to mount mine when I did it. The truck is not in a convenient location to get to, or I would try to take pics of where I mounted them.
Chris
'83 Chevy c10 Silverado SWB
'76 Chevy k20 LWB 6.5'x8' Flatbed
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”