Author Topic: What are your opinions on clone vehicles  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Sabretooth

• New Users
What are your opinions on clone vehicles
« on: October 25, 2016, 08:02:51 AM »
im looking to pick up a 73-87 c-10 side step but i want to build it like roadkill's muscle truck. but not sure what people will think of it will they think of it as a nice homage to the show or will they just think im a fanboy

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Re: What are your opinions on clone vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »
In that case, i feel there is nothing wrong with it.  A lot of people clone the Road Warrior cars and i think it's just great.   If YOU'RE happy with what you're driving and are getting enjoyment out of it, then that is the most important thing.

Now, in the case of a GTO or Chevelle SS or something like that, IF you're upfront about it and are doing it to capture the essence, the atmosphere of the car then i think that's fine too.    If you're doing it to try to make big $$$, then not cool.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »
as long as you like it thats all that matters. i personally dont like slammed trucks but if the owner is happy the good for them
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Jason S

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 11:10:07 PM »
How many '69 Chargers wound up as some form of 'General Lee' clone?  If that's what you want go for it...   

On the other hand, if the truck is a one owner, factory paint and all original then it may be worth finding a different one to convert.
1973 GMC K2500, Super Custom, Camper Special, 350, TH350, NP203, 4.10's
1974 Chevrolet K10, Custom Deluxe, 350, SM465, NP203, 3.73's

"1) Peace through strength; 2) Trust but verify; 3) Beware of evil in the modern world"