Author Topic: Trail clean up truck with pictures.  (Read 70173 times)

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
Re: Trail clean up truck with pictures.
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
The rest of the shell went away today. I am back down to 1 truck in the garage:D  (although it is in 1,000 pieces:rolleyes : )

Cole
Restomod Crew Cab Short box on 37"s

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
So the old truck left the building last week. Making more room to work on the new one. Did I forget any parts off of it?

Scott keeps coming over and cutting chunks out of my truck.  Hopfully soon he will start putting some metal back in it. We also did some cleaning of the frame and front clip prepping it to go back together. (the rest of my crew bailed on my this weekend, and then they wonder why it won't be ready for Moab EJS?  

Doesn't look too bad from this angle and lighting. Check out that new tailgate, Superlift Rockring and I'm sure a few other things.

Cole

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 10:13:00 PM »
We just got HUGE support for the project from painlesswiring.com/.  
I'm VERY excited about this. This will make a huge step toward reliability and functionality.

Sorry for the quick camera phone pic. I will take more as we get this stuff installed.

-Complete 18 circuit replacement harness.
-700R4 tranmission harness
-6 pack relay bank
-6 switch panel. (KC set us up with 3 sets of lights so this will be good for this)

Cole

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
Guess it is about time for a quick update.  Our plans were to have this thing together WEEKS ago. But for some reason we have slowed down.

I need to wire it, paint it and assemble it. Scott still needs to finish up the body work. (I have been welding and grinding on the body.........You should NEVER let me near your truck with a welder:D )

Here are some updated pictures. New floors, new drivers rocker, bedside patch (..cause a full replacement bedside was WAY over priced):shrug:  RAAMat sound deadening.

Cole

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2007, 10:21:01 PM »
It looks fantastic!  Keep up the good work!

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 10:56:36 PM »
Hmmmmm......GPS......Nordskog.......X5....Pictures will come later......
Cole

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2007, 08:34:42 PM »
We now have a complete set of these including a GPS Speedo
Cole

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »
Bodywork has been much slower than expected. Here is the most recent picture just for fun. We have lots of cool things going on the truck soon. I will post as I get them on.
Cole

Offline CruzinHigh

• Registered Users
  • Chevy 4 life
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 08:32:06 PM »
Bodywork has been much slower than expected.

;D

Boy.. Can I ever relate!  My K-10 bodywork and resto. project ended up taking YEARS more then I'd originally imagined it would!  I couldn't believe how long the details and minor stuff ends up taking.  I've learned just how much patience and talent bodywork truly takes, mine was certainly a learning experience!

The truck looks awesome, this is a killer project..  I have been following this thread and can't wait to see it done!

Mike Carter
1986 Chevy K-10 4x4

8" lift project on the way soon!

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 10:42:16 PM »
Spent the day playing with the welder.  ;D

We put a bed patch in where the 5th wheel had been. Patched up the last of the rockers. Just need one spot on the back of a rocker and a small section of the passenger floorboard and it will be 99.9% rust free and all steel again.  ;D

Also completed a bit more of the wiring harness. Getting closer to a running truck that we can paint.
Cole

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2007, 07:04:07 PM »
FINALLY got some more time to work on it today. Got the transmission fully bolted in and some of the cooling lines taken care of. All the front clip has been wired, except for the KC lights and the Ramsey winch for the front.

Need to finish the cab wiring which will include all the Nodskog gauges and Painless 6 switch panel.

Need to wire the back of the truck and the Bulldog winch on the back of the truck.  Both winches have been outfitted with Synthetic rope from Winchline.com. Very sweet stuff!! I will get pictures up soon. Still need bumpers to mount them in.

Jeska cleaned the sweet 80s seats that came with the truck and I think I will have to keep those for the moment.
Cole

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 12:09:55 AM »
Looks awesome dude! Sounds like it will be killer when its done.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 11:32:56 AM »
I get a fair amount of emails and comments wanting more updates.  Here is where we stand.

Well, our plan was to have this truck together before last Moab EJS. That obviously did not happen for varios reasons.

I would really like to make this a nice rolling billboard/kiosk to show the public that some 4wheelers care about out environment and trails and are doing things to help that.

It was farily important to me to "recycle" an old truck. (that and it is fun).  The bodywork has just taken a bunch more time then we had planned.

I really appreciate all the companies that have donated parts for the truck. And those couple of local guys that have donated wrenching time. 

Our hurdle at the moment is juts getting paint and graphics on the truck.  Our budget contraints have just slowed the progress. To accomplish the ultimate end goal is going to cost a bit of time and money.

Several people have offered to send parts they have laying around if I make a list of stuff I need.  I would say save the shipping cost and just paypal a couple of bucks if you want to help.

Here is a basic list of what I still need to do if anyone has ideas, resources or just wants to chip in a couple of bucks.

---Bodywork, Need to finish mudding and painting(need paint, paint work, mud work,)
-Want to put a 91 style grill/lights on the truck. Have none of the parts yet. 9just gives it a much more modern look)

-I would love to "wrap" the truck in graphics showing people in their 4x4s cleaning up the trail.  Wrapping is pretty expensive but I think it will show the point much better.  Need good high quality pictures of people and their rigs cleaning the trail.

-Ramsey and Bulldog have both donated winches to the truck. Winchline.com donated rope for both winches. At this point I have no bumpers for the truck to mount these on.

-need rocker protection for the truck. Something that people can step up on to put trash in the truck would be perfect.

-Need to build a rack for shovels/rakes and trashbags for the back of the truck. Can't go over cab high and obvioulsy want to make some thing that looks cool. Remember this is for the public to see as well as be a good work truck.

-Drivetrain- Truck as a tired LS6 454 in it. Holley donated a truck avenger carb, wieand intake and flowtech headers to help me get it up and running. Still a tired old motor. Would love to run this off something cleaner. Propane or even a diesel swap.  This stuff just requires us to throw some money at it.

-I have a 700R4 (K case) and 208 in the truck. Really want the overdrive so that I can drive this thing across the country to 4x4 events. I have no idea the condition of the transmission yet. Guy I bought it from claims it is good. Painless dontated the overdrive kit to run the 700r4. (not installed yet as wer are still wiring the truck).

-Front axle is a D44. Not sure why, but it is.  I don't plan on the truck seeing any REAL heavy wheeling but it would still be nice to have a D60 up front. (anyone have a spare they want to ship me). Gearing is currently 4:10 but would like a more appropriate ratio to turn the 37s.

-Rear axle is a 14bff with drums. Want to swap this to disks.  If for no other reason it will give more people a reason to explore the truck. Better stopping would be nice also. Truck needs to be able to tow and haul.

Interior- Truck came with some very retro 80s seats. We cleaned them up and they will work. Obviously somethings cooler and more comfortable would be nice. I plan to haul groups of guys/gals up to clean up days

-Needs carpet, headliner, trim pieces, Charcoal grey would be perfect. RAAMat Audio donated full sound deadening for the truck. Should help keep the noise down.

-Radio-One guy gave me an old head unit for the truck but still missing speakers, Need a CB.

-Nordskog donated a great set of gauges that I still need to build a custom dash for. Open to suggestions, help.

-There are a couple of big expenses that would speed the process up a bit. I would love to get this thing done by MOAB EJS next year.

If anyone just wants to help out for $5, $10, $100 or whatever it would be greatly appreciated. When we do the graphics I want to find a way to put the names of everyone who has helped on the truck. 

paypal is cford@rockcrawler.com

I am open to other ideas, suggestions and help. This project is designed to be for the community by the community.

There it is, my recent update.  Now off to the garage to finish wiring the truck.
Cole

Offline werewolfx13

• Site Supporters
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 09:51:44 PM »
This winter, I'm going to be building a headache rack with somthing to hold shovels and rakes and such for my dad's '84 regular cab long bed that he uses for hauling brush in his tree service, I can take some pics of it while I'm building it and what it looks like after if you want some ideas.
Chris
'83 Chevy c10 Silverado SWB
'76 Chevy k20 LWB 6.5'x8' Flatbed
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 11:04:30 PM »
Would love to see the pics when you are done.
Cole