Author Topic: Wiring Diagrams for Factory Original Gauge Cluster with Tachometer?  (Read 47260 times)

Offline Joseph

• New Users

Was fortunate to acquire a gauge cluster (the diesel cluster) with the 4000 rpm tachometer. I think this gauge cluster is from a medium size truck, such as a C60.

Anyone have or know where to find the Original Wiring Diagrams for this cluster?

Also looking for cluster connection plugs, the main plug and the three blade L shape on the tachometer.

I am looking to make and install a hybrid gauge cluster, will be mixing gauges on this cluster (removing and adding gauges, one or two gauges), into my 1986 K30 that has a 6.2L diesel, the military M1031.

Any suggestions or opinions?

Thank You

Joseph
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:12:25 AM by Joseph »
"Equipment should never be an excuse for poor performance.
If You are going to be a Professional, You get the correct equipment.
Then the only excuse is Your ability to perform"  Joseph~

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
Re: Wiring Diagrams for Factory Original Gauge Cluster with Tachometer?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:44:28 AM »
Nice find, that looks like it is in really good shape. You are correct that is it from a medium duty truck. This is most evident by the tachometer/fuel combination gauge on the right and the vacuum gauge on the bottom left.

You will probably find it may be easier to just swap in this entire cluster, rather than mixing them. That is what I would do, unless for obvious reasons like there are some non working gauges and you have to change them with working ones. Or some other defect which prohibits using the entire unit.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Joseph

• New Users
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
I want to use this cluster, will change the speedometer to one with a trip meter and cruise control connection and replace the air gauge with a second volt meter. The military K30 has two batteries for the 24V starting system.

Need to located the correct sending units for the oil and temperature and a copy of the original (C-60 or ?) wiring diagram for this cluster.

Thank You

Joseph

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:56:05 AM by Joseph »
"Equipment should never be an excuse for poor performance.
If You are going to be a Professional, You get the correct equipment.
Then the only excuse is Your ability to perform"  Joseph~

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:16:39 PM »
PM me if that speedometer gauge is available.  I would love to have that extra digit odometer
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:46:09 PM »
I want to use this cluster, will change the speedometer to one with a trip meter and cruise control connection and replace the air gauge with a second volt meter. The military K30 has two batteries for the 24V starting system.

Need to located the correct sending units for the oil and temperature and a copy of the original (C-60 or ?) wiring diagram for this cluster.

Thank You

Joseph

I understand you want to use this cluster, that is what I ment by swapping in this cluster as an entire unit. Does the CUCV has cruise? As I understand, the CUCV'S are a bare minimum type of vehicle and cruise was an option for the public. Do you have an aftermarket cruise control kit on the truck?

Even with a 24 volt starting system, a second volt gauge is not really necessary, as it indicates the output of the alternator, not the voltage at the batteries. The vacuum gauge would be more useful than a secondary volt gauge, in my opinion.

Since both vehicles are diesel engines, if the markings and value ranges are the same or close on each gauge, there may not be a need to change the sender units either. This is because the sender ohm values will be the same or close for each configuration.

I'm using an oil pressure sender from a late 90's truck on my 73 truck which I have an electric oil pressure gauge from a 79 truck, works like it was there factory.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:49:50 PM by LTZ C20 »
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes