Author Topic: Rubber/plastic straps in engine  (Read 1858 times)

Offline alfreema

Rubber/plastic straps in engine
« on: February 17, 2020, 07:15:10 PM »
1976 Chevy C20 Camper Special Silverado with 454

---

So, on my driver's side there are some smallish rubber (plastic?) straps that are being used to tidy up an electrical run to the headlight.  I would like to replace those straps (and at least one is missing), because I am afraid they are brittle.   Any idea on a source for replacing those?   What are they called?

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Rubber/plastic straps in engine
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 07:59:14 PM »
Rubber cushioned steel clamps that attach to sheet metal with screws are Adele clamps.  Black nylon clamps that snap into 1/4" holes are convoluted loom clamps.  Both are available in multiple sizes (images).  See What's everybody's favorite source for buying wiring/looms/etc.? for sources.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline alfreema

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 07:18:18 AM »
Ah, so the "strap" I am talking about is, maybe, 2" long with the snaps on each end like the loom clip you posted which go into 1/4"-ish holes.  Are those original?   I assumed they were, since they are the perfect length to pick up the two holes above and below the wire chase built into the fender.   Is there a source for those?   If not, I can use the loom clips you posted and use cable ties as the strap, but I'd love to keep it original looking, if possible.

Thanks so much for your help!

Offline alfreema

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 07:30:49 AM »
At one of the vendor links you posted on that other thread, I found these which would make a nice clean substitute (assuming the holes are 1/4"):

But I'd still like to source those original straps, if at all possible (assuming they are original).

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:59:29 AM »
Are these what you seek: 2 1/4" Wire Harness Straps?  If not, post pics or continue perusing the vendors previously linked.
Rich
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!

Offline alfreema

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 01:25:48 PM »
Are these what you seek: 2 1/4" Wire Harness Straps?  If not, post pics or continue perusing the vendors previously linked.

Yes!!   Are those original to the mid-70's chevy trucks?

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
They are copies but should work suitably.
Rich